2023 A-ZONE EXTRAVAGANZA !!!

When the alarm went off at 05:00...We woke to the smell of hot coffee ...#3 had set the auto on the coffee machine... something I always forget to do...I like #3...shoot light was around 6 am...nothing like opening day in the "A".. Just smells like... Victory. ..to be continued....

...we got loaded up into the white buffalo...and begun our long and arduous trip up the mountain...the road was a rutty mess from the terrential and epic rains of spring...really giving the old gal a test on the Bilstein shocks ..I felt guilty that she had to take a beating for the lengthy haul to our pre determined look out spot..but like a true trooper . She did just fine and got us to our vantage point without incident ..I love that big white buffalo..we got there just in time to get set up and start the glassing process..I hate glassing...but lucky #3 does ..and is pretty good at it...within 3 minutes of being behind the swaros...I heard the O so familiar term from him..." Got a buck"...what made this even sweeter was... The second phrase from him.."BIG BUCK".. .as i swung my liecas to where he was peering...I was startled by what took up my lens....SWEET JESUS!!! I mumbled
.......to be continued...

I knew the trophy would not stay at his current location for long...as the temps were rising..and he had been out feeding all night ..he would make his way to the brush for his long deserved nap for the day...it was now or never...before I could mumble another word ..I heard the unmistakable sound of the 257wbymag being fed a hot copper pill into her chamber...then the Harris bi pod was deployed and in 2 seconds flat..#3 was prone in the dirt asking me for a range...it was all I could do to whisper..372 son...out of the corner of my eye ..I saw him flip the flat hat on backwards..and I heard the 3 position safety go hot....its a distinct sound..click..click......At this point.. I decided to say a prayer for the trophy under my breath...As I knew he was about to meet his maker.....to be continued....

At the report of the rifle...the trophy buckled..did one spin around to show off his headgear..and face planted into the dirt...it was his last morning on God's green earth...as I looked at #3..he looked at me and said..dad .this is all ive been dreaming about for the last 8 months in combat medic school, it's what's kept me going....I told him ..son ..me too..Kleenex please....16ers..I now present to you.. "Scar" in all his velvety glory...The end..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812-085240~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812-085240~2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230812-180332~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812-180332~2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230812-121658~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812-121658~2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230812-103917~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812-103917~2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230812-210045~2.png
    Screenshot_20230812-210045~2.png
    2 MB · Views: 54
No fluff..this girl gets it done!! Time to get back for the 9er game!!! 202yds..off the sticks.. KAPOOW!!! Down goes Frazier!!! Blessed to have 2 of my 4 with me ...they leave tommorow..I then start opening gates..standing there... pointing and driving the truck for another 6 deer hunts...I'm already getting a rash.... UGGH! I hate AZONE!!!

Screenshot_20230813-083127~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu