2023 Whitetail Extravaganza - Live hunt

I had a shooter under my tree this morning... in the dark! He was a real good one. Just let him walk on by... he'll be back. My whitetail buddys here say things are really gonna change in the next few days.

I hope I don't have to test this carabiner on my safety belt... Ed F20231107_154001.jpg

Ed you seeing any movement during the day? It’s hot here in Kansas majority of movement is at night

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Ed you seeing any movement during the day? It’s hot here in Kansas majority of movement is at night
100% same. Other buddies in Kansas and Nebraska are experiencing the same. We see the bigger bucks moving across the roads at night. I haven't seen a good buck since that last one in the dark. I'm seeing solo fawns... so they are starting to rut. My buddy killed a nice buck last night, 12 points. Ed F20231109_131934.jpg

Terribly slow the last few days... I don't know why. Most of the corn is up... that's definitely a factor. The weather shouldn't matter much... bucks should be rutting. No moon... perfect. Last night I had quite a few deer under me with 2 bucks rutting. They did not come out until after dark and I was stuck in my stand for about 45 minutes. I still haven't seen a shooter in the daylight... I'm bamboozled. Ed F20231029_183937.jpg

Stick by with it they started moving here in kansas yesterday I blew it on a absolutely stud this morning

• Wow
Reactions: Stikbrandon
The End. I never had an opportunity at a big buck. I saw 4 shooters the entire hunt (17 days) and two of them were at night. Cry me a river... I love bowhunting whitetails. Looking forward to next November. Ed F20231113_165541.jpg20231113_083352.jpg20231113_174412.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu