308 Win is a great hunting Cartridge…Change my mind

Guys in Australia are killing buffs with 124 gr rounds going 4000 FPS with their 300 ultra mags. Supposedly getting multiple feet of penetration.

I would choose that option before the 308. Static shock cannot be ignored.

@MJB i give drew a hard time, he strongly recommended against the 6.5 PRC on bull elk and had me listen to a podcast. Long story short the podcast producer is a huge fan having having enough gun to be able to take any shot necessary and pushed 300 WM…so after talking with him I ended going out and buying a 300 WM from fine firearms.

Reactions: MJB and TRICER
No more discourage mode please, I can't take the solitude!! One way to know for sure is if someone invites me on their ressie this year! What kind of 19 year old would spend this much time on a hunting forum? Would you believe my answer at this point anyways? Nobody see's my age on my profile except the moderators. One guy's profile says 121 and you don't send him to the loaf! This is ridiculous!

Which is more likely, a 19 year old who has nothing better to do than go on a hunting forum and say he's 77, or a 77 year old who has nothing better to do than go on a hunting forum and say he's 19? Be honest guys.

You could find two guys that have had problems with the new, expensive duck guns too.
GDlover and 527, Please don't begit you or any other individuals comments off the original thread with what we were talking about with the 308 effIcacy versus other calibers and trade the conversation off. This has been the best the best thread in a long while . Please don't pollute it with you're drivel.. I would suggest that you both trade comments together somewhere else..

Reactions: JakeSCH and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu