Ammo Stashers

Having done the turkey tune up range you know when a 3.5 goes off vs a 3

I guess some shouldn't shoot 3.5"..........some turkey loads reach 75# that's beyond most elephant guns recoil!

I found the Hornady self defense 00 in 2.75" at 1550fps is the worse to shoot, but it just kills yotes at a good distance. I like/hate it better than the DC loads.

Reactions: Hunter527
I’m going to shoot 3.5 shells at ducks next year and if my shoulder gets too sore I’ll just buy one of these and keep on dropping ducks! More pellets and more speed equals more shovelers for dinner!
8D2EA38E-EDE8-4D5D-9CC7-636FCDA37927.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Charmer
The best thing to do would be to give the 3.5 shells a try with my dad’s beretta before I buy a gun, that way I’ll see if I truly am up to the task.

You do know that Remington and vortex optucs are comming out with a 4" ultra mag 12ga next month... Bad ass gun with the new holographic duck sight

I would think 3.5" non mag. shells would be no worst than standard 3" duck loads. I know damn well I wouldn't want to spend the morning shooting 3.5 mags. Maybe for dove, but not duck. :blush: :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think 3.5" non mag. shells would be no worst than standard 3" duck loads. I know damn well I wouldn't want to spend the morning shooting 3.5 mags. Maybe for dove, but not duck. :blush: :blush:
I’ve wondered recently if loading 3.5 inch dove loads would enable me to shoot a more open choke.

I think it's like 50 bucks a shell....With a minimum of $350.00 and a max around a $1000.00....That's a lot of steak...:yum

ps...I have over the years found a number of stashed shells...;)

pss...One of the favorite moves of wardens at Kern is jump out of the bushes at dark-thirty in the morning and get ya going in......:scream:
I was on my mountain bike at los banos and had a warden jump out of the bushes and tackled me as i went by. It was rediculasly stupid.

• Wow
Reactions: MJB and ilovesprig
I can't really give you a true assessment, because I've only shot the A-400 Extrema a few times...When I did shoot it....It was side by side with the SBE 2...I PERSONALLY, could not tell the difference in felt recoil...Kent 3 1/2" shells were the shell of choice for the experiment (shells definitely make a difference)...I can tell you that I have had 2 friends switch to the A400 over SBE 2's...One was because of felt recoil and the other was the Benelli "Bite"...Which I've never experienced and had never even heard the term...These 2 only use their 400's for waterfowling...At the least, pick-up and handle both.

What has always sold me on Benelli, is their pointability, versatility, and reliability...And originally, felt recoil (1996)...Always a personal choice...2 cents
Larry got the "Bite" duck hunting a few years ago, tore his hand up. The trigger guard is rigid but was thinking it might of been from bringing it up to shoot and being turned slightly sideways swinging or not a full grip on stock when pulling the trigger judging from where it got him. Unforgiving trigger guard for sure.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu