Ammo Stashers

It's a big fat odd feeling shotgun that goes booom every time you pull the trigger. It's the most reliable shotgun I have ever shot and recoil reduction works amazing good. My only bitch is they didn't make a camo 3" gun when I got mine. Something they rectified recently. I don't goose hunt much and shooting 3.5s at ducks is retarded

How much of a difference in recoil is there between your Benelli and the gas guns you’ve shot?

I can't really give you a true assessment, because I've only shot the A-400 Extrema a few times...When I did shoot it....It was side by side with the SBE 2...I PERSONALLY, could not tell the difference in felt recoil...Kent 3 1/2" shells were the shell of choice for the experiment (shells definitely make a difference)...I can tell you that I have had 2 friends switch to the A400 over SBE 2's...One was because of felt recoil and the other was the Benelli "Bite"...Which I've never experienced and had never even heard the term...These 2 only use their 400's for waterfowling...At the least, pick-up and handle both.

What has always sold me on Benelli, is their pointability, versatility, and reliability...And originally, felt recoil (1996)...Always a personal choice...2 cents

This is a subject that never gets old.

One of my hunting partners who has been shooting Benellis for 23 years just switched over to the A400 for waterfowl. And he likes it.

If you want a gun for waterfowl and you are a purest, the A400 is hard to beat. It is reliable, shoots soft and has a bit slower swing than the SBE. If you want a shotgun to shoot at everything you hunt then the SBE might be your tool.

I can't think for the life of me why someone would want to shoot a 3.5" shotgun at upland game, let alone a 12 gauge. As @Aeon has quoted "it's like swinging a "Winnebago".

One thing is for sure, they are both good guns. I find the A400 to be more reliable. I have never had the A400 malfunction in the waterfowl blind, ever. I can't say that about the SBE. I also prefer the M1 Super 90 over the SBE.

My two cents.

Benelli bite??? What the hell is that?
A made up term for people to blame their crappy shooting on their equipment perhaps?

I believe this term came from finger blister/cuts from the trigger probably from recoil. I believe the majority are shooting 3.5" and probably holding finger low on the trigger. I never experienced this from mine. But I don't shoot 3.5"....

Benelli bite??? What the hell is that?
A made up term for people to blame their crappy shooting on their equipment perhaps?

Steve,

On recoil, the finger behind your index finger gets hit...The trigger guard has an edge and impacts said finger...The person that complained of that, has small hands...Like I mentioned earlier, only person (even on the Benelli webpage) that I've heard complain about it...I do know, they increased the size of the trigger guard in the SBE 3's.

I wear fingerless gloves about 95% of the time...So, I wouldn't feel it, even it did happens with 3 1/2" goose loads.

that stupid devinci benelli made was a finger chewing machine. My old man got one and first time i shot it OUTCH.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu