Anyone want to be my friend? :D

Huntndogs said:
The great thing about AZ is you can buy a license online and print it out at home. Print a few copies and keep them handy.

I did not know that thank you! This will be very convenient for me!

SurfNHuntSD said:
jordant3 said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
jordant3 said:
Bonejour said:
Haha.
Anyway Jordan, welcome to SCH. It's great that you are going to get out with your cousins this month, and that you are willing to put in the work on your own to scout some areas. What gear are you taking with you to AZ? Post a list and you'll get suggestions on what to add so you won't have to mooch off your family too much. ;)

Thank you! Yes, I absolutely don't mind scouting I am sure it's a lot better than just picking an area on the map and hoping for the best. For my AZ quail hunt here is the list of what I will be bringing with me;

Shotgun - Winchester sxp
Ammo - not sure if I need steel or lead is ok I will have to double check
Proper hiking/ hunting boots
Proper clothing multiplayer layers of clothing I'm not too sure how the weather will be out there
Shell/ game bag ( have not purchased this yet )
And some sort of blaze orange ( hat, bag, shirt ) I'm not sure yet

Please let me know if I am missing anything else I also have a backpack that has a small survival pack and medical supplies in it.
I'll add the obvious but often forgotten.. water, TP, and hunting license. Also a ziploc and knife/shears if u use em for cleaning birds.

Yes absolutely I didn't even think about TP I will definitely add it to my list. I have a knife in my backpack so that covered and as for hunting license I will need to get that in AZ I am assuming
Yea man having the TP on hand will save your butt (no pun intended). I usually keep a little bit in a small ziploc, which keeps it dry and from unraveling. If you're in a pinch (pun intended), a big handful of sagebrush can do the trick too. TMI?

Hahaha that's great thank you! When I need to pinch one im sure I will be greatful that a wiseman reminded me to pack some TP

MJB said:
FV usually has no birds hit the BLM land around you for some quail & bunnies

And hit the 5 stand off Winchester rd. I think they are open Thursday night and Saturday the owner is a good guy and of course a great shot talk to the guys there about hunting your bound to find someone to help you.

Also read the hunting regs from cover to cover and keep a copy with you so if a warden comes up and ask you a bunch of questions your prepared. Dustin, is one of the wardens in your area he's a great guy and a hunter with some good info on local game to hunt.

Baby wipes are a must to go with the TP

Thank you i will have to find some maps to locate that BLM land! There is a 5 stand place off Winchester rd!? Would you happen to have any more information on this that sounds great! Awesome thank you for the heads up I should be printing the regs this week and I will definitely be keeping them on me! That would be nice to run into him and pick his brain a bit!

Baby wipes are a absolute must anywhere!

It's real close to FV you can't miss it their's a pond and it has a gate right on Winchester. It's on the northwest side.....

Just look up BLM on line not the greatest maps but they are there

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu