Bear Defense

I have absolutely nothing to do for awhile here...coming back to AZ next Wednesday for wapiti after these deer murders the next 5 days... thank the Lord Jesus for internet up here..
U got Elons service up there?

Soooo... my post gets deleted. Apparently this POS coward is monitoring this site and controlling the SCH monitors. Disgusting. I might get kicked off this site for this...

Hey Larry, do you remember when you poached that deer with your little 380 and threw it in the back of your truck. Then you cowardly drove out of there trying not to be picked off by the cops. Remember in your long winded thread you called most cops drunk wife beaters. I remember everything... even screen shotted your BS and little blue pickup. You should just stay put in your moms basement... the internet will eat you alive... Ed F

Soooo... my post gets deleted. Apparently this POS coward is monitoring this site and controlling the SCH monitors. Disgusting. I might get kicked off this site for this...

Hey Larry, do you remember when you poached that deer with your little 380 and threw it in the back of your truck. Then you cowardly drove out of there trying not to be picked off by the cops. Remember in your long winded thread you called most cops drunk wife beaters. I remember everything... even screen shotted your BS and little blue pickup. You should just stay put in your moms basement... the internet will eat you alive... Ed F
they can't boot you, there would be a revolt. I saw on twitter you are a legend in the bow hunter circle, there words not mine but I have no problem believing it. I don't do any social media, unless hunting forums fall under, social media. I followed a link and there you were with flowing complements. When I went back to your post, I saw somehow all the L's got changed to G's. My computer skills stop way before that ability.

I don't do twitter... I'm not a legend either... I know better than to let that POS get under my skin. Have a nice day Larry. Ed F

I don't do twitter... I'm not a legend either... I know better than to let that POS get under my skin. Have a nice day Larry. Ed F
Weird, I wonder how you showed up on there. I recognize you right away. Now I have to go find the post.

My bad. post today here. A22, just let that marinate a for a bit. You had a fuller beard. Ridge2ridge, not twitter. I see you just posted on whopper.

1- Not sure what post got deleted. Couldn’t find it.
2- I will guarantee you the poacher has nothing to do with this site.
3- As you would know all that info is available if the right party wants to dig it up. They didn’t care.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOWUNTR
I am a lot more confident with a 44mag than I am with a 454 Cassul or S&W 500 especially for follow up shots. If you ever want to be humbled go shoot one of those revolvers at 10-20

I was just kidding a bit but the friend/guide story is true as to what the guide thought about handgun calibers and bears according to my friend . I can shoot a rifle far better than a handgun. I was charged once by a wild pig (NBK was there) the circumstances were that we were on a group hunt in central Ca with a friend that had never shot a pig. We came across one on the first evening as the sun was setting and gave our friend first poke, he was consumed with the shakes and missed , as the pig ran away with our friend shooting and running out of ammo NBK stepped up and said I can hit that animal and proceeded to do so. A far shot and hit that I thought was amazing considering the distance but not a lethal hit. The pig ran into a brush patch on a planted barley field. We all gave chase on foot. NBK had his very young son with him as was brideled with having to take care of him while pursuing the pig and it put me in the lead as I could cover ground faster. I ran to the brush pile and found the pig, it jumped up and I shot it again, the pig rolled over when I shot it, I turned around and shouted "I got him" as I jacked another round in the chamber. No sooner than I turned back and the pig was up and coming at me. The pig was less than twenty five yards and all I had time to do was hip shoot. Total luck but I spined him and he slid to a stop a few yards away before my toes. The guide was below me on the road in his truck ( Hatchet take notice) and applauded out the window. I'm pretty sure the 25-06 I shot him with did better than a handgun I would have been able to pull and use at that moment in time. Take the 338 RUM whenever you go to recover meat....

Reactions: TRICER
Fun story I had a very similar experience with my boys big pig when he was 12. I will never hunt pigs with a 243 again after that experience. I had to throw lil drew out of the way and I shot the charging pig at my feet. It’s moments like that, that make you feel alive lol. @Morgan1776 was there he was smart enough to get out of the way.

Bear Spray? Pistol? Both? What caliber?

I may need to start my pistol training...now I need to figure out what gun to get.

I have carried both in Grizz country. Friend of mine I hunt with is against it. Says you're more likely to shoot your friend before you shoot the bear. Made for an interesting time on my first archery elk hunt in MT. Lol
My choice is a 10mm (Glock). I carry my bear spray on my bino harness for quick access.

I have carried both in Grizz country. Friend of mine I hunt with is against it. Says you're more likely to shoot your friend before you shoot the bear. Made for an interesting time on my first archery elk hunt in MT. Lol
My choice is a 10mm (Glock). I carry my bear spray on my bino harness for quick access.

Reactions: JakeSCH

i’ve heard that happens…shooting the guy getting attacked.

Weird just red this and some of the experiences were surprising. Strange thing my buddy got charged by a small back bear this weekend on the juniors cow hunt in AZ as they were quartering one out. I still don't want to lug a handgun around but I also don't want to have to scrap with a bear either. He said the little f**er charged in and my buddy fired a shot over his head that stopped him. Then he reloaded and the bear went in the bushes and was circling around woofing and popping. He said it wasn't a big bear but an arrogant little POS. What's the world coming to everyone is so aggressive these days even the bears.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu