Bear Defense

Can't believe nobody has reached out to Larry yet... read some of his old posts on scary bears and lions....there you will find the answer you are looking for...ahh..Larry..

Reactions: Kellendv
Can't believe nobody has reached out to Larry yet... read some of his old posts on scary bears and lions....there you will find the answer you are looking for...ahh..Larry..

He is still posting about it on the slide. Pure genius if you ask me. I mean who wouldn't want the expertise on Grizzlies from someone who lives and hunts in So Cal.

Friend of mine went to Alaska a few years ago to fish salmon and brought a 44 magnum with him. The guide told it was perfect because if a bear came at him he could use it on himself so that he would not have to suffer while being mauled and eaten by the bear. :laughing:
I am a lot more confident with a 44mag than I am with a 454 Cassul or S&W 500 especially for follow up shots. If you ever want to be humbled go shoot one of those revolvers at 10-20 yards.

The 454 gave me nightmares, the S&W very nice to shoot, I emptied two cylinders, 10 rounds. My Ruger .480 is a dream to shoot.

Rinella on Rogan's podcast had an interesting story about when they got attacked by a grizz in camp. Before the attack they had debates on what caliber handgun is best defense.. one of the guys had I think a .454 Casull. But they had no time to react when it happened. Couldn't pull the gun. One guy had to fend it off by stabbing it with a trekking pole. Another guy ended up on the grizzly's back somehow and went for a ride. Wild story. Shows that you can be prepared with the latest 10mm G20 or S&W .500 and still not even be able to use it. Not saying I wouldn't have one on me, for peace of mind sake...

No allowed to say the g word anymore...so replaced it with an L...

I have absolutely nothing to do for awhile here...coming back to AZ next Wednesday for wapiti after these deer murders the next 5 days... thank the Lord Jesus for internet up here..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu