Bear down!

Bonejour said:
MJB said:
Nice bear.....never drag.......gutless debone or quarter only.
Great point MJB

Would have cost me an extra 50$ to drive home and back (as a poor college student i have to save as much money as possible), to get my packs, which I had fully loaded ready to pack something out, the night before sitting on my garage floor that I had actually forgotten haha.

TaftHunter, what would you think of trying a 7mm bullet with a BC of 0.468 and a weight of 116g? Gain you 400-500 fps at the muzzle, less recoil, even more reach, and killing power.

When you have a sec check out http://www.gsgroup.co.za/284116HV171.html these little devils are amazing.

I'll give you some load workup tips if you need.

Great hunt man!

Monolithic said:
TaftHunter, what would you think of trying a 7mm bullet with a BC of 0.468 and a weight of 116g? Gain you 400-500 fps at the muzzle, less recoil, even more reach, and killing power.

When you have a sec check out http://www.gsgroup.co.za/284116HV171.html these little devils are amazing.

I'll give you some load workup tips if you need.

Great hunt man!

If I could get some for free I would hop right on it!
I would like to see some field test of these, I may have to order some and try these out.

Thanks again everyone! I'm happy to share my success with you guys, hopefully I can make it to the banquet next year and meet some of you guys face to face!

TaftHunter said:
wiley said:
Way to go Garrett. ..nice Bear..

Thanks Wiley, hopefully you can come up to Taft again this year, we need to make up for the coyotes we didn't call in!
Would love to make it up there again, Beautiful Country up there, you taught me well, got 3 yotes and a pig while calling for yote since I met with you, thanks again for being such a gracious host, Johnny will have a blast up there

wiley said:
TaftHunter said:
wiley said:
Way to go Garrett. ..nice Bear..

Thanks Wiley, hopefully you can come up to Taft again this year, we need to make up for the coyotes we didn't call in!
Would love to make it up there again, Beautiful Country up there, you taught me well, got 3 yotes and a pig while calling for yote since I met with you, thanks again for being such a gracious host, Johnny will have a blast up there

Sounds great! I'm glad I could help you, I love seeing people progress. Haha yes he will.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu