Bluefin

I wish. My buddy adin who works on the outer limits has been saying that the fishing has been phenomenal on those rare occasions he has a few minutes to talk in between trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only dreaming about it for now, might have to just eat fresh water fish this year ;) the fishing cash flow is low. I have to focus on mammals.

Friend went out this week-end.....Said it was very slow with the weather change......He got 1 bluefin and the jackpot 30 lb yellowtail.

The bluefin are currently within half day range. Went on the new seaforth this morning no fish on the deck but there around. We found a bird school this morning that held a probably a couple hundred tuna straight out of mission bay on the 9 that then broke up into smaller schools that we chased around the fish are super finicky however.

Just blue fin being blue fin......light line, small hooks they'll pick up your bait but just drop it........its been long soaks on metered fish "plunker" bite or run & gun on breezers, birds & breakers.....boat shy once they start getting run down but they are really close & 1 YFT caught in the bft school over the weekend.

Sure hope the 200lbers come close this year I need revenge!

I like the plunker bite myself a couple fish going all the time......few tangles and lots of room to fight your fish

MJB said:
Just blue fin being blue fin......light line, small hooks they'll pick up your bait but just drop it........its been long soaks on metered fish "plunker" bite or run & gun on breezers, birds & breakers.....boat shy once they start getting run down but they are really close & 1 YFT caught in the bft school over the weekend.

Sure hope the 200lbers come close this year I need revenge!

I like the plunker bite myself a couple fish going all the time......few tangles and lots of room to fight your fish
The new seaforth was doing run and gun. We pulled up on a bird school and me and my buddy launched our surface irons at em. My buddy literally hit a 40lber in the side with a jig but nothing wanted to bite. Just the way it goes in tuna fishing. The fish are close enough tho that if you have a skiff, a good jig stick stick or poppers, and a pair of binos you'll find em. Pics to follow in the next few days on my skiff hopefully.

PS MJB those monsters are around according to my two best friends who also happen to be deckhands.

I really want to get after them... with my speargun. Some very nice fish have been taken by divers the last few days, some 100lb+ Going to be a great year!

I've heard of those monsters being around. I'm hoping for a summer as good as last

If anybody has the weekend open the Condor is a for sure go with a very light load on both of their overnight trips for $205 you can't beat that.....if I get the whelping box done this Saturday then I'll be on for Sunday's fishing!

Here's what they look like if you forgot.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 34

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu