Bowhunting Alaska

The most impressive picture to me out of all that is the grayling! Congrats that is on my bucket list, to catch a wild grayling(heck even a stocked grayling would be awesome). Few and far between, getting more scarce everyday it seems.

xjixta said:
Wow some beautiful pictures.

What's this submerging in water trick?

Basically, the water temp is much lower than the air temp, so you seal the meat in bags and sink it in a creek or lake which keeps it from spoiling. I do it in Alaska and high country hunts where there is no other way to keep the meat until you get out of the bush...

That's what it's all about Dave... ADVENTURE... Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu