Can't find my buck!

akrem44

Sep 17, 2014
So about 2 1/2 hours ago I let a row fly on a forkie . I saw the entry spot as he was running away and the shot looked and felt good. I found my arrow to find blood all the way around. I sat for 45 min then went to go find blood. Found blood for only 30 yards then nothing. I am actively grossing right now. Thoughts? If it was a tiny bit back and hit the guts how far can he go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Area are you? Help bloodtrailing might be available.

Go back to the shot location, Mark each drop of blood. Create a path, take your time and look small.....

Go to last blood and keep looking. He may have turned and changed direction. Get on your hands and knees. The blood will not always be drops you can see while standing. If that doesn't work try skipping ahead to look for more blood. How much blood did you find? If it was gut shot give him a few more hours, but not too much with this heat today. Keep looking. Don't give up.

ilovesprig said:
Call me, if you need help looking............760-803-hunt

You should take this offer for the best chance of finding your buck.

I put in a phone call to a buddy of mine who's dogs will run blood trails.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nice, deer is as good as found!

That little dog of his is a finisher...go gutless on your buck and pants him immediately... Meat will be fine...post up money shot of trophy upon discovery...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu