Choke tube?

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Just wondering what choke you guys use when calling? Thinking about ordering one of those special ones for coyotes, out to 60 yards of lethal 4 buck, that sounds nice.

I used a Carlson's Dead Coyote choke. I would recommend that one or the hevi shot. I have good groups to 70 yards with my 3" mag. I have a good friend that is good out to 90 yards with his 3 1/2 mag.

I pull my coyotes in closer to make sure they are dead dead and don't get away. I like my shotgun shots less than 40 yards

Thanks! That's what I was looking at.. I carry both rifle and shotgun on my stands, my full choke has worked good for years, but I have knocked a couple over and they just keep going lol. So I want to eliminate that. Do you use T's?

Yes it looks that way. I would look at this website for some good info. http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-product-details.php?Remington-Choke-Tubes&mf=16

They have all of the info. I have been using my choke tube for years now.

I've gotten 74 yard kills with the Carlson's Coyote Choke and 3.5" Hevishot Dead Coyote. Hevishot also makes a nice number 4 buck load. The tungsten pellets hit a lot harder than lead and get better penetration.

Josh Pearson said:
I've gotten 74 yard kills with the Carlson's Coyote Choke and 3.5" Hevishot Dead Coyote. Hevishot also makes a nice number 4 buck load. The tungsten pellets hit a lot harder than lead and get better penetration.
That's the answer I was looking for. The only problem is, 5$ for 1 shot at a coyote.. I'm on a budget cause I'm running out of money from my summer job lol...

I can Tell you that modified is not the answer :( with dead coyote. Going to try full but thinking I need super full.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu