critter vs ghost

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
My house is up on a stem wall. So this critter has decided to move in under the the house. Tried poisen, a large rat trap. And it did not even slow this guy down. Put a tray with chicken food and a large rat trap. And it set off the rat trap and chewd it up, and chewed up the tray. So next step will be a trap and a snare.

Reactions: DanSanDiego
I used to have a live trap and caught a lot of possum and raccoons, but after my first skunk the trap didn't catch anything else.

my last rental had freakin mice from living next to the trash can area from the complex. landlord told me it would be my responsibility or they would pay from my deposit to fix since they didn't exist when I moved in...Rat's are smart Mofos.

I had a lot of test n tune on locations and trap types before I finally started getting successful and eventually killing them.

The ultimate recipe was poison they like to eat and then sticky traps in the near vicinity along the trail they follow to get the food.

Hate F'in rats.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
My house is up on a stem wall. So this critter has decided to move in under the the house. Tried poisen, a large rat trap. And it did not even slow this guy down. Put a tray with chicken food and a large rat trap. And it set off the rat trap and chewd it up, and chewed up the tray. So next step will be a trap and a snare.

Lee,
Have you seen tracks? Sounds too big and too smart to be a rat. Raccoons will give you hell if you let them get a foothold. I have a live trap if you want to borrow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee,

Bet it's a coon.....The property I hunt in Julian has them and they've killed cats, a goose, and chickens......Cute little things are mean as HELL!

Get that hound on that coon he will know what to do

Body snare him in the hole

Ditto on box trap. Sounds like a racoon but maybe possum or fox.

Box trap will get em all expect maybe a fox. I know from experience it will get skunks too but if you're not smelling skunk, it's probably not.

New gen mice and rat bait will work but it takes time. The old 'de-con' worked first time. can't sell it anymore.

Snares are illegal in CA. All body gripping traps are illegal in CA except for conibear style and ONLY for underwater beaver sets. Use a cage trap with tuna or melon. Don't mean to burst your bubble but publicly posting admittance of a wildlife crime is a good way to loose your hunting rights. Im a licensed trapper here in sd county and the rules and regs on trapping in California are very strict. If you'd like a licensed neusance wildlife operator to have a look and see what means of removal or exclusion are possible let me know.

Reactions: Bonejour
Snares are illegal in CA. All body gripping traps are illegal in CA except for conibear style and ONLY for underwater beaver sets. Use a cage trap with tuna or melon. Don't mean to burst your bubble but publicly posting admittance of a wildlife crime is a good way to loose your hunting rights. Im a licensed trapper here in sd county and the rules and regs on trapping in California are very strict. If you'd like a licensed neusance wildlife operator to have a look and see what means of removal or exclusion are possible let me know.
no worries thanks

not hunting or trapping I have a pest under the house on private property.
but thanks for the warning.

I came home today and Box Trap is sprang. Plastic dish inside use for bait.. Is completely gone.. Latch door was stuck halfway. It appears it managed to get out. Seriously tough critter.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu