critter vs ghost

Sounds like you may be dealing with one of the worst animals known to man.
It may be wise to give up now than to deal with one of these ugly SOB's in a trap. They have been known to chew up traps, pets, houses, and even home owners. Sounds like you may have one of the elusive Chupacabra's living under your house.
My advise would to be to hire a Chupacabra trapper. That's the only SAFE way to get this job done.

Yes coon for sure. You need a bigger trap. Use tuna cat food. Make sure the cage I reinforced with hog rings. I've lost dozens of traps to coon explosions. They'll literally destroy common 16 gauge wire havahartst. Oh and get ready if you intend to relocate as they are the ONLY critter to ever turn back on me after cage was opened.

Yes coon for sure. You need a bigger trap. Use tuna cat food. Make sure the cage I reinforced with hog rings. I've lost dozens of traps to coon explosions. They'll literally destroy common 16 gauge wire havahartst. Oh and get ready if you intend to relocate as they are the ONLY critter to ever turn back on me after cage was opened.

Yeah I remember it like it was yesterday...
https://www.google.com/search?q=elf...&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=oR3TTNV9S1_tcM:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All joking aside coons are very formidable advisaries. I've been trapping recreationally for over 20 years and semi professionally for 10 of that. I've held a trapping license since 1994 when I was 10. I've worked with one of the best big cat guys in Mr. rocky mcbride in West Texas running cats with dogs. Look him up he's amazing. He Was on Jim shockeys show a few years back working jags in Venezuela. In all seriousness sir I've seen all sorts of people tackle trapping critters on their own land. 50/50 results and ALOT of educated vermin through the years. In my semi professional opinion without looking I'm going to say for sure coon. Probably a lone boar out eeking out a living and preparing for the cold to come. I wouldn't trap him at all but instead use some scent exclusion techniques and maybe some live animal hazing(dogs). Get a grip quickly or there will be more. I'm available to help you out and have the right equipment.

Reactions: xjon
Absolutely. Give coons a chance to make it a home, and they'll take it to a whole new level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK critter removed a ceramic heavy small bowl, with out popping the box trap. That was a good trick. OK game camera set. New larger ceramic bowl reinstalled. Box trap set. Let's see what happens.

shit bait was all gone, and box trap never sprung. camera pics came out worthless, like it took over exposed pics. may be to close , weird. took perfect pics while setting up and after . but no good in between. set smaller box trap see what happens.

A smaller trap will not solve your problem. Set your trigger lighter and make sure door stop arms are not interfering . Put a rock on top of bait bowl allowing a small gap so the critter has to work for it which will in turn make him make a mistake. Im willing to bet you need a bigger trap. If a critter fills a trap I have seen instances where they have long enough legs to remove dish and fill the cage to capacity not allowing the non spring assisted door to close or even trip.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu