D16 Archery around the corner

I was talking with good friend yesterday and he told me , all sumer was 100 workers on laguna fixing the road with steel plates , also he saw some workers in the mountains while scouting, so that guys have big cutters on the truck for sure , and this treestand is not far from road maybe 100 yds , so is posible was some workers, because I never have any problem with a hunter in 6 years in Laguna , great people there in the last 6 years many war veterans , guys from navy and people from england, and other states. holpfully just was that cam .
PPbets we had an expensive blind and game Camera stolen, and couple of time took my SD cards..
Life in Laguna..

Yes bro we are in the same channel , I set up 6 new cams cheap ones just to control thieves .

Ppbets, it was nice meeting you yesterday.
I act like you, if I am scouting an area and see that somebody has installed a tree blind or camera I stay away. Why going to disturbe someone else's work?
It all comes to this strong word: ETHICS.
Some people don't have it or know what it means.
Wish you the best this season, go get that big buck!!!!!
See you in the field.
D&D

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I see you there on the field was nice meeting you too is many places out there just go high and glass I can tell you other places if you need,
good luck out there.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I was talking with good friend yesterday and he told me , all sumer was 100 workers on laguna fixing the road with steel plates , also he saw some workers in the mountains while scouting, so that guys have big cutters on the truck for sure , and this treestand is not far from road maybe 100 yds , so is posible was some workers, because I never have any problem with a hunter in 6 years in Laguna , great people there in the last 6 years many war veterans , guys from navy and people from england, and other states. holpfully just was that cam .

I doubt it was the workers, there are signs posted to the road crews that says they have to get permission to leave the road. I have been up there a few times and these guys are usually busy and very courteous , plus they have onsite inspectors. Just my thought

There's good deer up there but not worth it.....I hunt the same area I rifle hunt during the bow season......just use a different technique.

And screw the treestand I can't do it anymore, after hunting WT back east I'M DONE!

One tip of advice don't pass on any deer that's in your range.......you will regret it trust me.

Before the internet it was a great place to hunt with lots of deer and few hunters.

I just pass on tiny forks , because they can be better bucks in a future, I prefer kill a big doe on december a fat doe 3 times better to eat than buck than shoot a young buck.
But is something diferent each time, last year I pass on 2 small fork and other 3 points, is many big bucks there just need patience sometimes is the key , other times you miss and you lost your chance to kill a big one , will see how this season come.
This year I hunt hard november and december.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu