D16 Opener

OK I would like to take a survey.. Please let's keep this constructive :)

High Wind tactics for our southern Mule's
what will you do ?
and where will you find them..?

Lower oak bottoms. (period.)

Reactions: longbowhunter2
well fellas its D-16 opener coming up.
It's time I score , I am over due.
Good Luck to every one for D-16 opener.

Reactions: Bonejour
OK I would like to take a survey.. Please let's keep this constructive :)

High Wind tactics for our southern Mule's
what will you do ?
and where will you find them..?

Lower oak bottoms. (period.)

My feeling is similar to turkey hunting.....I think they like areas that are more open.....Falling limbs, noise, and moving branches are probably not to their liking.

Waiting on an animal to walk by from below is weak! It should be called waiting season....;)

"NBK, post: 97988, member: 808"]Waiting on an animal to walk by from below is weak! It should be called waiting season....;)[/QUOTE]
I tell ya both are hard lol. Sitting on a deer stand was hard on my ass. And walking these hills is tough.

Pm Sent shoot me a call Lee if you get one on the ground. Reading between the lines on your post I think we will be relatively close. I was already planning on PM you to volunteer my back.

Drew

Ditto. Happy to help others track or drag out. I have a mixed schedule during the week and I’m usually off Friday to Monday. PM me if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck all! Hope you're all at your spots or will be nice and early.... we're sharing stories over beers in camp now. Wish you all the best.

Good luck all! I'm camping today at cuyamaca with the family since none of my friends who have tags want to hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a zero next to my name (G13&D16). Bumped a covey of quail (I’ll come back for them another day) that’s about all.
Weather is supposed to be much cooler next weekend. Should be good!

Eating lunch heading back out for the evening hunt in a bit. Got to our spot 2 hours before sun up glasses hard until 10am didn’t see a deer. Went on a big still hunt only deer I saw was a doe 80 yards broadside waited to see if a buck was behind her but nope.

Anyone seeing any rutting activity? Seemed like by opening weekend it was in full swing last year. I am surprised to not be seeing more deer moving. I know there are a ton of deer where I ma hunting just not seeing them.

Eating lunch heading back out for the evening hunt in a bit. Got to our spot 2 hours before sun up glasses hard until 10am didn’t see a deer. Went on a big still hunt only deer I saw was a doe 80 yards broadside waited to see if a buck was behind her but nope.

Anyone seeing any rutting activity? Seemed like by opening weekend it was in full swing last year. I am surprised to not be seeing more deer moving. I know there are a ton of deer where I ma hunting just not seeing them.
No rutting sign I've seen yet.. I hunt south county.

Well I made to camp yesterday at 4PM . Set up tent and all the gear. Did a solo last night. Had cat call last night. Then got woke up by illigals walking past my camp. Nerv racking. Got up late due to no sleep.
Hiked in an other mile or two. Lots of sign, tracks and scat. Found water. Saw absolutely no movement. Still hunted 3 spots. Up high. Big fat zero.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu