Dang It! Please... Not AGAIN!... Hope it's not CoronaVirus.

Raised my kiddos 100% vaccine free and now that my two oldest are adults, one in a dorm in college, their peers who once ridiculed them for this are now inquiring about how and why they rarely get sick and are so healthy compared to everyone else. You cannot inject poison and expect health. Period. The concept of vaccination was a noble one, but it is an utter failure. I have researched this topic for almost 25 years and no one can convince me vaccines are responsible for a damned thing except vast chronic illness which requires a lifetime of dependency on the government healthcare system. I've read every shred of research there is and the more that is presented, the stronger my stance. People who hate us "anti-vaxxers" have not typically read a single peer reviewed study on the subject and really done the research. I'm just grateful for those who support medical freedom of choice, even if they believe vaccines are good. Mandated medical procedures that carry the risk of death should NEVER be a thing in a free society. EVER. PERIOD.

My 2 cents....and yes, I voted with this as my primary passion....the 2nd A was 2nd on my list!

Kat

I pretty much always encourage people to do whatever they like, within the realm of our societal constructs. This might be the one exception to that rule. I don’t expect to change your mind, since you stated it can’t be changed. But I’ll post my own 2 cents for the other readers who might be influenced by your post.

Your minuscule shred of anecdotal evidence about how your own children are “so healthy compared to everyone else” (people don’t say things like that) is totally meaningless. Your children were raised in a vaccinated community and benefited from all the responsible people who did vaccinate their children (it’s called herd immunity). You have them to thank for greatly reducing the chance of your children contracting one of the many diseases/illnesses that we can safely prevent in the US thanks to vaccines.

Since you’ve read “every shred of evidence” on vaccination, maybe you can cite a study, or a peer reviewed article, from a real medical journal (like JAMA, or anything supported/accepted by the greater medical community) suggesting that vaccines haven’t prevented widespread death and suffering from preventable diseases. Or one that suggests they are dangerous to the general public.

As a healthcare provider I’m sure you are aware that, with a few exceptions, we have no defense against viruses, other than vaccines. I went to high school with a guy from Laos who got polio as a child. He will forever walk with a severe limp, I bet he wishes he had been vaccinated (you nailed it Aeon). All of us on the front lines sure do wish there was a COVID-19 vaccine. My wife works in a huge metropolitan ER, and has a high probability of contracting it in the coming months. While I work with surgical patients, a less risky patient population, we still have negative pressure rooms on our floor and they will need to be used for coronavirus patients if things continue to go the way they are going. We are relatively young and healthy and are unlikely to have any serious complications as a result but I’d gladly take a vaccine right now instead of a few weeks of misery in home quarantine.

I think there is absolutely a place for holistic/homeopathic/natural medicine and it is great that you are helping keep people healthy in their day to day lives... However, that sort of medicine really doesn’t apply to pandemic level viral illnesses.

Someone had to breathe some life back into this thread... you’re welcome! G-dog, this might be the first time we’ve agreed on something! Progress...

Well put. Let’s take the correct direction. Here’s my 2019 D-16

Attachments

• 4580EEAB-B483-4B19-877F-E946899F1578.jpeg
    4580EEAB-B483-4B19-877F-E946899F1578.jpeg
    715.1 KB · Views: 24
Medical advice and the internet go hand in hand. Like the lady who’s son died because she Ignored the doctors and follow what her facebook group told her instead.

I new here and not looking for anyone’s miracle cure but....

Sorry Ed,

I got carried away with myself drinking my liter of yellow fizzy beer and watching the sun go down in Argentina... all this talk about CV has me thinking I might just stay here.
View attachment 43281
Quilemes beer, A testament that Argentine's should not brew beer, Drank a few when I was down there at the turn of the last century shooting waterfowl. Best advice as far as drinking down there is try the wine it's over the top good as well as any meat product they produce. P.S. they don't know what vegerables are except potatoes and cabbage.

Neyba please... whoever was in that pic Aeon posted, can't hold a candle to Mrs. Larry in her prime.

The horror of it all...and what really sucks is im out to dinner with the wife and some of her surgeons and we have nothing but WINE!! Thank goodness for SCH and the cell phone..
If the place you're at has any... order a glass of "Opolo" Brand in any one of the types of wines that sits well with you. It's been one of the very few where even *I* can taste the difference.

Neyba please... whoever was in that pic Aeon posted, can't hold a candle to Mrs. Larry in her prime.
Bullshit with out pics..... You can't say stuff like that with out photo proof.

This lovely creature I eventually chose to be the mother of my child. ;) Mama used to be into Fitness competitions back then (circa 2004) We met in '05. And in terms of electing to share them here, it's no big deal because the entity that put on those Fitness competitions already had these posted up online, along with of course all the various other contestants. This one just happens to be one of my favorites.
Fountain5_LoRes.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in many ways, My wife is/was a blonde and I never had any draw to fair skinned and fair haired women until I met her. It was her persona that rocked my world, I was 47 when we met and 48 when I married for the first time because the female sex to me was just an accessiory until then and she changed all that for me thank goodness. She is now terminally ill and I would'nt even consider to let a moment enter my mind that I would ever leave her ever. Don't take any moment in life for granted or you will probably regret it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in many ways, My wife is/was a blonde and I never had any draw to fair skinned and fair haired women until I met her. It was her persona that rocked my world, I was 47 when we met and 48 when I married for the first time because the female sex to me was just an accessiory until then and she changed all that for me thank goodness. She is now terminally ill and I would'nt even consider to let a moment enter my mind that I would ever leave her ever. Don't take any moment in life for granted or you will probably regret it.
That's very sweet Snake! Yeah man... whenever I hear young ones talking about upcoming nuptuals... I tell 'em about the Mack-Truck test. Essentially goes like this... If you got married, and tomorrow... the very next day.... your mate got hit by a Mack Truck... what would you do? Would you stick by her side if she turned into a total vegetable? I explain to them that this kinda scenario can happen quite literally at any time. And if the relationship is right... you should be able to say, without hesitation, that yes you would stay right there for her. And it's because you love her and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if the roles were reversed.... she'd be down for you. I like using that example with the young ones because it give them a harsh extreme example to contemplate and think over. And if we're lucky... maybe it gets them to put on the brakes a little bit until they are more sure of each other and the relationship they do have, ya know? Well... I mean... I KNOW you know.

BTW... if you don't mind me asking. What conditions are giving her trials ans tribulations right now? I'm sure the good folks around here would pray for ya.

Reactions: MAG 1
Quilemes beer, A testament that Argentine's should not brew beer, Drank a few when I was down there at the turn of the last century shooting waterfowl. Best advice as far as drinking down there is try the wine it's over the top good as well as any meat product they produce. P.S. they don't know what vegerables are except potatoes and cabbage.
It seems every nation has at least one and usually a few fizzy yellow beer options. Quilmes isn’t terrible in my mind. But mostly it’s just conveniently everywhere here, refreshing after a long hike. The craft beer scene has fully infiltrated Argentina, but it’s mostly disappointing so far. There are a lot of things labeled “IPA” that are from from it in my mind. There is a strong European influence here and I see it in the beer too with a lot of malty beers. We were joking that they haven’t discovered hops yet. I like red wine but I’m definitely a beer guy. Lots and lots of meat has been consumed.

Hatchet, I feel your pain. The wife selected our restaurant last night and sure enough it was wine only. The horror.

Prayers sir,

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu