Duck Opner 2017

It sure looks stormy in the pic, but it is the lighting...Just your run of the mill everyday drake Widg with a bloody bill. My holy grail would be a Eurasion Wigeon...I want one bad!
Phewww. Still looks like a nice old bird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Phewww. Still looks like a nice old bird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I noticed that too, that it had pretty decent colors for being so early in the season. He was about 5 miles from the Wis as the crow flies, but not any safer...lol

Hello, I'm new to duck hunting, last season was my first and fell in love with it. The spot I go to doesn't shot well till later in the season and had a friend mention Wister. He told me that I have to enter a raffle or something to hunt there. Can anyone help me out on how to get on to Wister. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyatt,

It is not necessary to put in for reservations (check DFW website).....By doing so though, you give yourself a chance at getting a reservation and better spot on the wildlife area hunting blinds.

After opening week-end and maybe Christmas time, you can always get a blind in the morning.....There's also the lottery draw for blinds after the reservations have picked (about 30% show up of the 100 reservations sent out).....To be in the lottery draw you must sign-up by 10:30 the night before the hunt (Tuesday, Friday nights).....You can also just walk up on the day of the shoot and see what's on the board and pick that way.

Reactions: WyattZ
Went Deer hunting in D14. Was too hot so I bagged 2 Mallards 1 male 1 female.

Here is a pic of Cooper retrieving his first duck.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_2061.JPG.jpeg
    523.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Slayersmith

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu