Fun outing in D11

Gteam2

Oct 24, 2013
Had the opportunity to get out for an overnight outing in D11. I was hoping to find a buck for my brother Rudy and good friend Mario and his girls. I got in just in time to catch an awesome sunset and then an amazing moon coming over the hills.
The morning found us glassing a familiar area and spotted deer pretty quick. I had seperated a little ways to look into a different canyon when I spot a deer moving around like he was looking for something. I knew it was a buck but lighting on that side of the canyon made it difficult to tell. I went to let the others know and get the spotting scope. He was a nice buck for the area and Rudy was off to try and close the gap, Mario and his girls set off to get in position in case he made a move out of the canyon via the neighboring ridge.
As Rudy got closer he pushed a second group of deer that we hadn't seen which alerted the big buck and caused him to move his does and scram, Rudy got close but only for a split second not getting a shot. That's hunting, too many deer can be a problem : ) we saw a total of 13 deer 1 shooter and a smaller buck that left the country before we could regroup, the rest were does. Good luck everyone on this closing weekend of D11! GTeam2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 35
Did a over nighter in d11 myself last night it was a awesome moon rise it was so bright last night I didn't need a head lamp on the hike back to camp.

20141106_170910.jpg

Fun times. Thanks for the report. I just got back from spending a couple of nights out. The moon was so bright you had to bury your head in the bag to sleep.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu