Fun outing in D11

Gteam2

Had the opportunity to get out for an overnight outing in D11. I was hoping to find a buck for my brother Rudy and good friend Mario and his girls. I got in just in time to catch an awesome sunset and then an amazing moon coming over the hills.
The morning found us glassing a familiar area and spotted deer pretty quick. I had seperated a little ways to look into a different canyon when I spot a deer moving around like he was looking for something. I knew it was a buck but lighting on that side of the canyon made it difficult to tell. I went to let the others know and get the spotting scope. He was a nice buck for the area and Rudy was off to try and close the gap, Mario and his girls set off to get in position in case he made a move out of the canyon via the neighboring ridge.
As Rudy got closer he pushed a second group of deer that we hadn't seen which alerted the big buck and caused him to move his does and scram, Rudy got close but only for a split second not getting a shot. That's hunting, too many deer can be a problem : ) we saw a total of 13 deer 1 shooter and a smaller buck that left the country before we could regroup, the rest were does. Good luck everyone on this closing weekend of D11! GTeam2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 35
Did a over nighter in d11 myself last night it was a awesome moon rise it was so bright last night I didn't need a head lamp on the hike back to camp.

20141106_170910.jpg

Fun times. Thanks for the report. I just got back from spending a couple of nights out. The moon was so bright you had to bury your head in the bag to sleep.

Back