Hammer Reloading

I’m open to suggestions?? I’m a newbie lol
Ladders work great but you really need to have the gun stable a solid lead sled helps a ton. I will shoot 4 at a ladder test just in case I pull one. Also you need to really make sure you keep your barrel cool that will throw the whole thing off.

Reactions: Stikbrandon
For real? I hope this is true it will make for good pigorama pics

Bro my hair is almost joe dirt level, my old lady is already starting to threaten holding out on me. She doesn’t understand the will to finish… bout to be on a dry spell boys…. Till after April 14th

Reactions: TRICER
Ladders work great but you really need to have the gun stable a solid lead sled helps a ton. I will shoot 4 at a ladder test just in case I pull one. Also you need to really make sure you keep your barrel cool that will throw the whole thing off.
This %1000 load development is to test the gun not you.

They are the same bullet with less surface bearing. So terminally, there is no difference.

The bullet is not difficult to load, but you do need to move to a much faster powder (to increase pressure) and the powder weight/charge will exceed what the reloading books reflect by quite a bit (in some cases 2-3 grains). Definately not for amateur hour. Generally you will see a 100-300 fps increase.

It is an awesome projectile.

Seems like a great way to punch up a few weight classes. I wonder if they will make a tipped version.

I’m open to suggestions?? I’m a newbie lol

I have found with hammers just load them up in 1gr increments until you hit pressure. Back of 1 gr and mess with crimp setting for cleaning up ES / SD and 100y group size.

Hammers are an easy button, no need to over think it. Though my only difference between what I do with hammers and traditional bullets is seating depth. I mess with that after i drop back from pressure.

Reactions: Stikbrandon
Load work up with McGuires. 1/2 grain. Looking at speed and pressure signs. Then the 3 shot group. Looking at group size and again pressure signs. Take the best group and play with seating depth.

I have found with hammers just load them up in 1gr increments until you hit pressure. Back of 1 gr and mess with crimp setting for cleaning up ES / SD and 100y group size.

Hammers are an easy button, no need to over think it. Though my only difference between what I do with hammers and traditional bullets is seating depth. I mess with that after i drop back from pressure.

Jake,

If they're the "Easy" button...What in the world is the "Hard" button?...............:bomb:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu