Henshaw today

With truth comes controversy. I can handle it . See guys the problem is that we as hunters as stewards and sportsman shouldn't sit back and watch wrong doings of others and cold shoulder it. The few bad are ruining it for the majority. Some people like me some hate I DONT CARE. My roots are deep seated in hunting tradition both family and friends and for our love of the sport. We will never overcome the antis if we aren't all on the same page. I'm the first to say most dfg regs suc k but they're the rules if we continue to manipulate and break them the rope will cinch tighter and more regs will come. That's why I stand up and call um out. I've just learned to be more diplomatic with my wording. I'd love to just tell people to f them selves and go full redneck rampage but it solves nothing and this sport in this county needs truth . We can all jump thru loopholes in the regs and up our odds but isn't being a hunter about the pursuit the outdoors and the comradery shared by sportsman. I have given multiple people on this forum sound advice and my personal knowledge of hunting spots methods and techniques as I help my fellow sportsman. I said what I have to say in my original post. No names just my opinion. I called to give my opinion and now this. I sent sprig a lengthy pm with my reasons and assumptions right or wrong. He never even responded. Hey Mr sprig if you've got a problem and want to call me out the be a man and respond. Lake henshaw is a great place to hunt and I've saved money this year hunting there in stead of the sea and no sea mud and rust. It's great. Now if only the politics were gone it would be even better. I guess I'll just play by there rules from now on so get ready I'm coming in hot. Well See what 250 decoys and 14 guys filling all their blinds makes them feel.

wackums back said:
With truth comes controversy. I can handle it . See guys the problem is that we as hunters as stewards and sportsman shouldn't sit back and watch wrong doings of others and cold shoulder it. The few bad are ruining it for the majority. Some people like me some hate I DONT CARE. My roots are deep seated in hunting tradition both family and friends and for our love of the sport. We will never overcome the antis if we aren't all on the same page. I'm the first to say most dfg regs suc k but they're the rules if we continue to manipulate and break them the rope will cinch tighter and more regs will come. That's why I stand up and call um out. I've just learned to be more diplomatic with my wording. I'd love to just tell people to f them selves and go full redneck rampage but it solves nothing and this sport in this county needs truth . We can all jump thru loopholes in the regs and up our odds but isn't being a hunter about the pursuit the outdoors and the comradery shared by sportsman. I have given multiple people on this forum sound advice and my personal knowledge of hunting spots methods and techniques as I help my fellow sportsman. I said what I have to say in my original post. No names just my opinion. I called to give my opinion and now this. I sent sprig a lengthy pm with my reasons and assumptions right or wrong. He never even responded. Hey Mr sprig if you've got a problem and want to call me out the be a man and respond. Lake henshaw is a great place to hunt and I've saved money this year hunting there in stead of the sea and no sea mud and rust. It's great. Now if only the politics were gone it would be even better. I guess I'll just play by there rules from now on so get ready I'm coming in hot. Well See what 250 decoys and 14 guys filling all their blinds makes them feel.

Make that 15 guys! And 262 decoys!!!, Well said bud, well said......

I always get a kick out of guys that preach it isn't about the kill etc. Bullshit! Why buy a license?? I don't need to go buy a license to hang with buddies, bs, drink etc, I go hunting to kill stuff. If you go by the regs they were not harassing them. To make assumptions about such you seem petty and jealous. You may not like it but I don't give a crap, just like you. Being self righteous isn't a crime I guess. I've found through the years that a lot of the times the guys that bitch about things are probably doing the worse things.
Calling someone out is childish at best and doesn't accomplish anything but if it makes you feel like a "man" fine. You've called 2 guys that were not even there out? IMO Hard to take you seriously.
Don't know why you have a hard on over sprig. How many youth events have you been involved or help organized? I know he is very active in all kinds of stuff. I've meant him on several occasions. He's got connections I can only dream about. Do I agree with some of the things you said yes. Public land is a bitch to hunt. You have to put up with a lot of stuff clubs or private land hunters don't. I consider Henshaw almost a private club. Wister as well. True public land guys are free lance and put in countless hours scouting.
I stopped hunting places like henshaw, barrett and wister etc. Not much of a challenge to me. I like to make my own luck. Didn't want to put up with the bullshit that goes along with it so I changed. Didn't bitch, just changed the way I did things and never looked back. I don't care where you hunt there always be "those guys" just like fishing. Just try not to be one.

sluester said:
I always get a kick out of guys that preach it isn't about the kill etc. bull! Why buy a license?? I don't need to go buy a license to hang with buddies, bs, drink etc, I go hunting to kill stuff. If you go by the regs they were not harassing them. To make assumptions about such you seem petty and jealous. You may not like it but I don't give a crap, just like you. Being self righteous isn't a crime I guess. I've found through the years that a lot of the times the guys that bitch about things are probably doing the worse things.
Calling someone out is childish at best and doesn't accomplish anything but if it makes you feel like a "man" fine. You've called 2 guys that were not even there out? IMO Hard to take you seriously.
Don't know why you have a hard on over sprig. How many youth events have you been involved or help organized? I know he is very active in all kinds of stuff. I've meant him on several occasions. He's got connections I can only dream about. Do I agree with some of the things you said yes. Public land is a bitch to hunt. You have to put up with a lot of stuff clubs or private land hunters don't. I consider Henshaw almost a private club. Wister as well. True public land guys are free lance and put in countless hours scouting.
I stopped hunting places like henshaw, barrett and wister etc. Not much of a challenge to me. I like to make my own luck. Didn't want to put up with the bull that goes along with it so I changed. Didn't bitch, just changed the way I did things and never looked back. I don't care where you hunt there always be "those guys" just like fishing. Just try not to be one.
Don't sugar coat it Mikey. ;)

OK guys I want a clean fight! Now protect yourselves at all times, and when the bell rings come out fighting.( sorry boys, I couldn't help myself.) Im making popcorn right now.

Nice! Man and all this time I been thinking hunting henshaw is a challenge. I need to hunt with you Mike ;D

U guys are nuts. I'm sticking to my jump shootin. I never did to well with deaks. I will try again but I like to be alone

I agree with johnny sounds like too much drama hunting over dekes im gonna stick with jump shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never have this trouble when im hunting the new river. its rare to even see any hunters

D16hunter said:
I agree with johnny sounds like too much drama hunting over dekes im gonna stick with jump shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. I've never hunted waterfowl. I will in 2014. But stuff like this puts a bad taste in my mouth before I've even started.

Let's all just settle down a bit. I am a waterfowler at heart and everywhere you go has its good and bad. It would be great if we could move on from here.

And for the record, I feel for the man who has never stepped foot into a waterfowl blind. It is a journey all hunters should experience.

NBK said:
I feel for the man who has never stepped foot into a waterfowl blind. It is a journey all hunters should experience.

That's what I keep hearing... Starting to save my money now so I can afford all the required apparatus! ;D

8SteelTown said:
That's what I keep hearing... Starting to save my money now so I can afford all the required apparatus! ;D

It is a black hole you are stepping into my friend! ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu