Hogs down

turkeyman 85 said:
I think I hunt the same area...it's close to a spring and barley fields to the north? If so congrats my friend. Oh ya did you walk up a little two track off the main dirt road?

Does not sound familiar to me at all...

Cool Taft that hill behind your head really looks like where I hunt. Congrats man. The rain helps with public land hogs.

turkeyman 85 said:
Cool Taft that hill behind your head really looks like where I hunt. Congrats man. The rain helps with public land hogs.

That's crazy haha. Thanks! definitely migrated from private land, since I was about 500 yards from the private fence lol

Ya it pretty much looks the same when you get into pig country. The place I hunt that hill is about 150 to 200 yards from private. And we usually see about 10 or so together. That's when we do seem them lol. It's thought to hunt pigs on public land. Again congrats brother.

turkeyman 85 said:
Ya it pretty much looks the same when you get into pig country. The place I hunt that hill is about 150 to 200 yards from private. And we usually see about 10 or so together. That's when we do seem them lol. It's thought to hunt pigs on public land. Again congrats brother.

Hey it could be the same spot. Go check it out, should be some in there if it's the same spot. Goodluck!

Nice pig! Gives me hope for always having a pig tag on hand. Are you gonna bleach the skull that thing would look wicked on a wall. What's your guess on the weight I raised a few hogs looks like that thing is over 200lbs. Good job!

Truduct said:
Nice pig! Gives me hope for always having a pig tag on hand. Are you gonna bleach the skull that thing would look wicked on a wall. What's your guess on the weight I raised a few hogs looks like that thing is over 200lbs. Good job!

Thanks! too much work for a pig lol..
I'm guessing around 250 give or take 25 pounds. The one my buddy killed was maybe 150.

congrats dude, you are a proven killer over and over again!!

We should enjoy the pics and the story to the hunt and not try and figure out what spot he is hunting... ;)

X2... Used to bug the crap out of me when dude's would be like "I know exactly where that is". Now the pictures I post will never show the background unless it's some random place.

8SteelTown said:
X2... Used to bug the crap out of me when dude's would be like "I know exactly where that is". Now the pictures I post will never show the background unless it's some random place.

See rule # 7.......http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,6032.0.html

Staying on topic........The more I look at that hog.....The uglier it gets.......lol

Hey thanks guys, I appreciate it. We flushed one out today in some nasty country, too thick to get a shot off.. This rain really has these suckers moving about!

ivhunter said:

We should enjoy the pics and the story to the hunt and not try and figure out what spot he is hunting... ;)
wasn't trying since I don't hunt there anymore and I don't like pig hunting much. I was happy to see someone kill something an area I use to hunt. And like I said congrats to Taft I'm sure he earned that hog....I bet he had tons of fun.

turkeyman 85 said:
ivhunter said:

wasn't trying since I don't hunt there anymore and I don't like pig hunting much. I was happy to see someone kill something an area I use to hunt. And like I said congrats to Taft I'm sure he earned that hog....I bet he had tons of fun.
I could bet money you don't even know where this is tho.. But yeah it was cool!

TaftHunter said:
Hey thanks guys, I appreciate it. We flushed one out today in some nasty country, too think to get a shot off.. This rain really has these suckers moving about!
Nice to hear the rain has helped.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu