Hogs down

Bonejour said:
TaftHunter said:
Hey thanks guys, I appreciate it. We flushed one out today in some nasty country, too think to get a shot off.. This rain really has these suckers moving about!
Nice to hear the rain has helped.

Yeah we really needed it!

This morning I went out with my family and hiked one of my public land spots from last year. A year ago there were lots of turkeys in the area. Today it was almost completely dry except for a short section of the creek and one of the drinkers. Saw a fair amount of deer sign but only one doe; almost no turkey sign at all, and only one track from a single bird. We still need a lot more rain down here. Hope it keeps coming for you and us!

Yep that's how it is up here :/ if there wasn't cattle water troughs there would be no animals around here.. All springs have been dried up for awhile now..

Ya I bet Taft I've only hunted two spots for pigs and only one has been consistent in producing. So I'm sure I couldn't even come close to knowing where you hunted. That hill just looks the same lol.

turkeyman 85 said:
Ya I bet Taft I've only hunted two spots for pigs and only one has been consistent in producing. So I'm sure I couldn't even come close to knowing where you hunted. That hill just looks the same lol.

Hey man where you live

turkeyman 85 said:

Only reason I say that you wouldn't know is cause there's no springs for like 20 miles...

turkeyman 85 said:
Bonejour said:
turkeyman 85 said:
I think I hunt the same area...it's close to a spring and barley fields to the north? If so congrats my friend. Oh ya did you walk up a little two track off the main dirt road?
Whether he did or not, I doubt he'll reply in the open. Lots of eyes on this forum, so if you want to keep your sites productive, don't give them away for free. Make us work for 'em.
Just a word to the wise....
;)
Hmm i think it's pretty vague unless you know where he hunts you won't know what I am talking about. And those that do already know what I'm talking about. See how I didn't name any land marks or roads.....
What makes you think he wants you to know where he hunts?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu