Hunter vs land owner?

Sounds like the sheriff's dept has this one in hand. Should be quite entertaining to see what he tells the guy in the black dress.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
It looks like all of us at some point have come across that gate.... in my case, I am always alone. Good thing this guy Martinez never was around when I was there. When I was scouting that area I looked at OnX maps and I could not believe that the gate was there... and what about the signs leading to that gate? unbelievable....
So the questions are: Who has authority to enforce the removal of said gate? (Forest Sevice?) Who is the contact person? Where do we start? (CNF office San Diego?) As I mentioned in the other thread, this is clearly a violation of F&G Code 2009. That would be the game warden's purview. I believe this incident is going to bring more attention to the alleged perpetrator than he ever wanted. I have to admit that the vigilante part of me wants to go up there with bolt cutters and cut-off saws and dump that gate in his front yard. But that's not the way to effect permanent change. Hopefully under the scrutiny of an investigation the issue will be brought to light. And while I commiserate with the guys who are bemoaning the posting of maps and pics, I have to say you need to get over it. It's public land. Any, and I mean ANY hunter looking for public land is going to find this spot. Every CNF map, OnX app and property owner overlay is going to show this. I'm sorry, but it's just not a secret spot. Never has been. Hopefully this extra attention will actually make the spot a better hunt area in the years to come after the brouhaha settles down.

So the questions are: Who has authority to enforce the removal of said gate? (Forest Sevice?) Who is the contact person? Where do we start? (CNF office San Diego?) As I mentioned in the other thread, this is clearly a violation of F&G Code 2009. That would be the game warden's purview. I believe this incident is going to bring more attention to the alleged perpetrator than he ever wanted. I have to admit that the vigilante part of me wants to go up there with bolt cutters and cut-off saws and dump that gate in his front yard. But that's not the way to effect permanent change. Hopefully under the scrutiny of an investigation the issue will be brought to light. And while I commiserate with the guys who are bemoaning the posting of maps and pics, I have to say you need to get over it. It's public land. Any, and I mean ANY hunter looking for public land is going to find this spot. Every CNF map, OnX app and property owner overlay is going to show this. I'm sorry, but it's just not a secret spot. Never has been. Hopefully this extra attention will actually make the spot a better hunt area in the years to come after the brouhaha settles down.

It’s a good spot because the landowner keeps people ran out of there. As soon as the gate is gone and it’s opened up it’ll be just like the rest of the public land.
I’d say keep the gate up and let the people in the know hunt it. The people that don’t do their homework can pass on bye.
I’ve been hunting this area a long time and have seen many pieces of private property become Public land. They are good hunting the first year or two and then once the word gets out they become just like the rest of the Public land. The longer you can keep it secret the better.

Last edited:
It’s a good spot because the landowner keeps people ran out of there. As soon as the gate is gone and it’s opened up it’ll be just like the rest of the public land.
I’d say keep the gate up and let the people in the know hunt it. The people that don’t do their homework can pass on bye.
I’ve been hunting this area a long time and have seen many pieces of private property become Public land. They are good hunting the first year or two and then once the word gets out they become just like the rest of the Public land. The longer you can keep it secret the better.
I know, I know... You're probably right. It just sticks in my craw that land owners are blocking people from public land. Pisses me off. And I don't even hunt up there.

Thinking back, Martinez seems to use the same lines when approaching a hunter. He talks about your tire tracks if you are in your truck, and he talks about your boot prints if you are hiking. It may have nothing to do with either tire or boot but may just be his opening line. Psycho...

"How do we know when and where it will take place? "

Easy. Go to the county superior court website. Since there was punching and illegally posting it should be criminal. You have the defendant's name. Should be a defendant name search option. Your party invitation.

"How do we know when and where it will take place? "

Easy. Go to the county superior court website. Since there was punching and illegally posting it should be criminal. You have the defendant's name. Should be a defendant name search option. Your party invitation.
Thanks!!

Guy reminds me of this prick Dale Buller that used to be up in Calavares. Guy did immeasurably terrible things to a family member's property such as dumping several tons of mining waste rock in the driveway.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu