Hunter vs land owner?

Are there ducks there? I'm heading up now.

Reactions: Ahidog
Hi all, I can say with 110% certainty this is not mountain talk and is a real story. Here is a link to the press release website from the Julian Sheriff sub-station. http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/default.aspx

I encourage anyone who has had problems in the past with property damage, theft, or confrontations in the Eagle Peak area (or specifically with this individual) to contact Deputy Rembold (listed in the press release). It is encouraging to know the Sheriff department is taking events like this seriously and protecting the rights of the public to safely access public lands by taking steps to investigate and hopefully prevent violent confrontations. This situation only ended in a busted lip and bloody nose...this time.

Hopefully this incident will cause us all to think carefully about how to react in a similar situation and shows the importance of knowing where you are at all times and having the maps, GPS, or OnXHunt resources to back yourself up.
That explain the heavy presence of sheriff deputies on Nov 8th when I went hunting. When I was getting ready to start my climb a guy stoped his truck on the road and asked me which way I was heading. I have never met this guy Martinez but I have the impression that it was him. The deputy couldnt tell me who thay were looking for but now I understand.

Lol i have a CNF map that shows that section as private. I was shocked to see it as CNF last year when I bought onX

Reactions: Juan
I say we all meet at the place at 530 am and hunt the National forest screw that F*****k this is y we pay for out hunting license and tags to be able to have land to use to take our kids and show them there other stuff other then cell phones and video games... I will say one thing that guy was lucky the hunter didn’t tag/bag his ass after that happened.

I say we all meet at the place at 530 am and hunt the National forest screw that F*****k this is y we pay for out hunting license and tags to be able to have land to use to take our kids and show them there other stuff then cell phones and video games... I will say one thing that guy was lucky the hunter didn’t tag/bag is ass after that happened.

PREACH IT BRO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bill S.
Lol i have a CNF map that shows that section as private. I was shocked to see it as CNF last year when I bought onX
Steve would know, but I want to say that area was a CNF acquisition in the last 20 years. Some of the older maps dont show it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I say we all meet at the place at 530 am and hunt the National forest screw that F*****k this is y we pay for out hunting license and tags to be able to have land to use to take our kids and show them there other stuff other then cell phones and video games... I will say one thing that guy was lucky the hunter didn’t tag/bag his ass after that happened.

We need to avoid violence. We are not a violent group of people, we own guns, but we have to fight for our rights to hunt on public lands smartly. We should never ruin our lives because of a scumbag.

Noobs! There goes the neighborhood!
It looks like all of us at some point have come across that gate.... in my case, I am always alone. Good thing this guy Martinez never was around when I was there. When I was scouting that area I looked at OnX maps and I could not believe that the gate was there... and what about the signs leading to that gate? unbelievable....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu