HUNTING NEW MEXICO - Play by Play in the Field!

Invisible man said:
Where are the pics guys? Rumor has it that at least one elk had a bad day.

Rumer was right. 3 Elk down today. The other two are not back yet so no pics of those. Had a great day today saw about 25 Elk this morning that were on the neighbors property so they were safe. Found another bunch after 2 hours hiking up hill with Snake Charmer and Skinny Hunter we were able to get one down with a 452 yard shot. The ridge in the background (sky line) is were the Barnes started its adventure.

Attachments

• 20130121_145922.jpg
    20130121_145922.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 38
Lungpopper said:
Invisible man said:

Rumer was right. 3 Elk down today. The other two are not back yet so no pics of those. Had a great day today saw about 25 Elk this morning that were on the neighbors property so they were safe. Found another bunch after 2 hours hiking up hill with Snake Charmer and Skinny Hunter we were able to get one down with a 452 yard shot. The ridge in the background (sky line) is were the Barnes started its adventure.

I eat elk. U eat lobster. Lol

Looks like that cougar worked pretty hard all I have to do is move a finger. Lol cool though

Two more elk down (the two we saw and pursued). 13 hours on the mountain and both elk packed off. My butt is kicked. Will post pictures tomorrow. Three elk the first two days and 2 more to go.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Great job Longpopper I sure missed a fun hunt, I'm still with a very bad molar infection but is under control now... good job and good luck!

Lungpopper said:
Invisible man said:

Hey guys just got back from bringing my Elk off the mountain. Had to make a run up with horses this morning to pack it out. I haven't seen them yet but I hear there are two more Elk down so everybody is tagged out.
Papi you should have been here, you would have had a blast.

Attachments

• 20130122_105238.jpg
    20130122_105238.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 19
Good job guys sounds like a lot of fun. Glad to here everyone did what they set out to do. This play by play is pretty cool

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu