I'm went aoudad hunting

Re: I'm going aoudad hunting

baboltin said:
what does a hunt like that run for cost I wouldn't mind going and hunting them on a off out of state year

It's a hook up for sure the exotic tag is $45 and a plane flight

Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:
what does a hunt like that run for cost I wouldn't mind going and hunting them on a off out of state year

Now that's a hookup......... 8)

Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:

Why not just drive? It's only 12 hours or so

D16hunter said:
Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:

Because I'd be driving alone

Sdbirds said:
D16hunter said:
Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:

Because I'd be driving alone
ya you can get a southwest flight for cheap to Texas been there 3 times in the last year. As soon as you step off the plane you automatically feel like you have more rights. I knew I wasnt in California anymore when I drove on the George Bush Freeway. Great state!
Also last time I wsa there I went to Gander Mountain and bought a brick of .22LR you are allowed to bring ammo in your checked bags as long as you declare it. Remember checked bags not Carry on I dont want to see you on the news.

damn dude you are living the dream man! Mexico, Texas, whats next?

Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:

Audacious! Good hunting Johnny! Can't wait for the report. This is one for my bucket list. 8)

Bonejour said:
Sdbirds said:
baboltin said:

Audacious! Good hunting Johnny! Can't wait for the report. This is one for my bucket list. 8)

If it's good I'll let you know. I know the owners are trying to get some kind of hunting operation. I know there's the Javelina deer and pigs on the property also

I'll do a report when I'm not beat. Place is rad I'm going back. I never saw big rams close enough but it's a tuff hunt. I had four opportunities. Place has Javelina,hogs,aoudad,mule deer,ducks,quail,doves,coyotes,bobcats I think that's all I saw I'm over tired. I saw a few big rams from far away but that place is gnarrly. Needed one more day. I know the land pretty well now so. I'm going back soon I hope. 100% before deer season.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Wow!............Not exactly the Texas most of us thinks about.......Gnarly is right!...... :-\

Great stuff. I look forward to learning more

There's a little male aoudad in the picture on the bottom

Day1.

My buddy took about 1 step out of the door and glassed up The biggest aoudad that we saw on our trip. Skylined on top of the sketchy Mesa. I broke out the spotting scope and saw about six others around him. There were three of us. So we had zero idea on how the terrain was. I went completely up the wrong Canyon ended up climbing a cliff that should've killed me came over the top and found a different group of very small males and some females that were good sized with babies. I was close I could have got it done with a bow. Trying to figure out what was bigger what didn't have a baby then I bump them. They ran around and bumped another group of decent males that ran straight over to my friend. It was the first day we saw the monster he passed. That one set the Standard of what we were after. Not much eles happend that day just a few deer and a few aoudad far out.

That night I did a handful predator calls in a pasture with cattle. I had a group of pigs come in and I wasn't ready for it.there are cows couldn't tell what was what no shots were fired.

Day 2

Well my buddies were eating an early breakfast I went outside and did a predator stand. I called in a double in three minutes killed one. I went back into the same Canyon later that afternoon and bumped into a different group of little ones with moms again. We came back for lunch. And I was kind of expected to do some predator calling. So for the rest of the day we drove around the ranch from getting familiar with it. Almost got some piglets. Did several stands in between us we got about five coyotes.

Day 3

We found some new areas decided to start out glassing them. We only saw one aoudad and I found a 4 x4 muley deadhead. The moon was out this night. In the pasture behind the house we could see pigs all over it. My friends got distracted stayed out too late we got a late start the next day.

Day 4.

Right off the bat I could've shot another small aoudad. (They're not small close to 300 pounds it look like)but they get bigger. Split up and that's when I took the mama baby picture. Just when I was sure she didn't have a baby as I was squeezing the trigger the little guy popped up. I watched her for probably about five minutes before that happened at about 130 yards. Time crunch. My friends also saw some that day I wasn't around. I ended up getting back to the ridge where they were on. They saw some Javelina I had to do it. Nobody else wanted to shoot one. We did about 18 miles for not much more that day. In the evening we went up a completely new Canyon. My friend saw some I did not one guy said he passed. That was kind of a mistake. Really this ends our hunting trip

Day 5

We had to leave early. Got packed got the guns locked up got everything done. Made it about 2 miles from the house on the way to the airport and saw a group of about 30 very big males. Not enough time to go for it talk about a gut wrenching feeling. Afterward we were talking again we made it not much farther down the road turn the corner and there is a whole bunch of pigs. Two or three big boards. Handful of sows with about 10 piglets running everywhere. I got out tried to chase down a piglet in rugged rocky terrain cut my foot (flip-flops were not a good idea).

this is my short overtired play-by-play. It's a great ranch I am going back. They want me to start bringing people as income thing. It is worth some money the place is awesome. Very rich in game. There is some details that need to be straightened out. #1 I'm not a guide I'll be hunting also and you're roughing it. But I am going back hit me up if you're interested I know nothing on prices or anything yet

Glass glass glass lung popper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    953.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    760.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 31

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu