Is this a Bufflehead? By awful score so far..

@benCa the Lowe boats are ok boats. just remember that any of the big name boats will have dead rise and a keel. might not seem like a big deal but if you ever get stuck you will understand why it sucks. :) with this drought thing who knows what the river is going to look like pretty soon.

Reactions: benCa
Hiya, thanks for the input here and this is the conclusion I'm coming to.. Basically, my duck boat can be a freshwater boat, but salt water seems to be something different. I have a hobie tandem sail/kayak which I love.. still... nice to stretch an expensive boat out to as many pastimes as I can..

The route you suggested is affordable enough that I don't have to factor in the divorce costs, making it an even bigger bargain ;-P

But, I do like to live a little, so I might go a little bigger, really diggin the Lowe Roughneck series...

Ben,

This is my friends Lowe Roughneck....Great all-purpose boat...Obviously, it's a duck boat, but fresh water and salt water are well within the realm of usage...If I wanted a new duck boat, it would be the one I get.

.IMG_1686.JPG200.JPG

i am trying to find the photo i took 30miles offshore of a ranger bass boat... dude had balls big time

• Haha
i am trying to find the photo i took 30miles offshore of a ranger bass boat... dude had balls big time

:joy: :joy: :joy:...Hell, when I lived in Belmont Shore...Me and my old "Wall banger" buddy decided to fish calicos at Catalina in the middle of the night...14' Alumicraft with a 15 on her...No problem............:blush:

Circa 1973

.calico 10-4.JPG

I learn a lot here. OK, so a 20 foot Lund or Lowe will do this and that for me, and my testicles are a wild card for how much more I can do with it. The story of my life.

For the record.. we weren't familiar with Buffleheads, and we lost 2 other chances to shoot worrying about species. 2 actually swam right into our decoys, and we still held off. Note that Buffleheads are NOT listed in AZ or CA regulations! And on the river, this, and a millions coots, where all we saw.

(coots must taste awful, as the possession limit in AZ is 75!)

Gizzards and hearts. Mmmmmm

Regarding the question on “ what kind of duck is this ?”
If you don’t know what kind of duck it is, you shouldn’t shoot it or at it !
For one it’s not ethical, secondly Mr. Green Jeans isn’t going to care that you don’t know the rules if you shoot something that is illegal!
I don’t think half the guys on the refuge know what they are shooting at on opening bell. Identifying shadows only the most experienced guys can do. All divers are black right?

Buffles are delicious, and because they’re small, you can eat a limit by yourself in one dinner. Don’t listen to anyone who says they’re nasty, those guys can’t cook.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Its a California thing, guys on the east coast, as well other places I’m sure, love to shoot buffles. Just one of the many ways California is screwed up!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu