July 1st is fast approaching

I use my wife's beef brisket recipe...soak 24hr swimming in BBQ sauce, cook ~3hr@~300? Not sure, meat falls off the bone. Also helps to ask 'em their age before you shoot 'em (in the head to prevent gutsplat and meat ruin). Tender ears=young, tough=old.

[size=14pt]
Heat kills F. tularensis, so cook meat to the right temperature — a minimum of 160 F (71.1 C) for pork and ground meat and game meat, 145 F (62.8 C) for farm-raised steaks and roasts — to make it safe to eat.

Only killed 1 rabbit and saw 5 at a spot I've always killed a limit at and seen 100+ rabbits wtf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vincent5253 said:
@Gatorfan what is that inside it? :eek:

It's a bot fly larvae (like the one crawling out of the bunny in the video). We had two with them inside. Haven't hunted the hot months since...

It looks like a Warble Fly. I've had them in one of my rabbits before. They are pretty gross. I think they are pretty harmless to the overall meat consumption but I won't eat the rabbit. I've had rabbits with ticks and I've eaten those with no problems.

Tularemia is very rare. It's named after Tulare County, where I grew up. I always check my rabbits for spots on the liver.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu