July 1st is fast approaching

Ok... just ordered a new keyboard... old keyboard just got covered in chack :-X! Thanks for the vid Aeon!!!!!

hahahahaha no worries, just cook the hell out of it. and make sure it's not sick when harvested. :) most of the sick bunnies die in winter. but it's ok to eat all year.

I live in America ! I will not be eating bot fly larva unless the sh&t has hit the fan, anything is edible at that point

stikbrandon said:
I live in America ! I will not be eating bot fly larva unless the sh&t has hit the fan, anything is edible at that point
If you were French you could sauté it, serve in a nice cream sauce under the name "larve à la mouche", and serve it to tourists.

Sent via Tapatalk

Dang that was nasty! If I see that on any of my bunnies, I'm letting the coyotes have them.

Can't wait, bow is tuned, new arrows and SGH's. Nothing like a bunch of rabbits with the String. Wife is getting excited too, shoot some bunnies in the morning and chase carp for a couple of hours. Good times.....

Don't know if it holds merit around So Cal but a friendly reminder none the less...

"Cottontail rabbits are known to carry the disease Tularemia, which can be fatal to humans. Wear rubber gloves when dressing or skinning rabbits to be safe. If the rabbit's liver is swollen and covered in large white spots this is the indication it carries the disease. Bury all such rabbits, and do not eat them."

If you can hunt super early and late to beat the extreme heat, (and have something to do during the hot majority of the day) there are places chock full of cottons down here in the Imperial Valley...and they need killin'.

8SteelTown said:
Don't know if it holds merit around So Cal but a friendly reminder none the less...

"Cottontail rabbits are known to carry the disease Tularemia, which can be fatal to humans. Wear rubber gloves when dressing or skinning rabbits to be safe. If the rabbit's liver is swollen and covered in large white spots this is the indication it carries the disease. Bury all such rabbits, and do not eat them."

Thanks dude, I'm surprised how many people (hunting rabbits) have never heard of tularemia. I always wear gloves when cleaning, but so far no swollen or striped livers.

Handgun said:
I've read a sign of sickness is laziness. I don't eat the lazy ones...

I've read that as well... If they aren't a challenge to kill, there's a reason...

D16hunter said:
I'm ready to wack the crap out of the bunnies tomorrow I'm so damn excited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tear em' up D16hunter. And don't forget to take pictures!

Guys,

If you filet your rabbits, you never touch the guts.......I know there's been cases of Tularemia (named after Tulane Co, Ca.), but very rare nowadays. You can use gloves too (I never have).

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Ftularemia%2Fstatistics%2Fyear.html&ei=XC-0U-XtF8KyyATdiYAo&usg=AFQjCNFSwZ3c6Mz5x88valzAlTUuZqIwdQ&sig2=SOVtubp_tzIkAZ0izXCfBA&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu