Just wanted to say "Thanks"

WyattZ

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that suggested Big Horn Canyon Ranch for us rookies! I went last Wednesday a bagged a monster. I had it butchered there and had a BBQ a couple of days later. Everyone loved the Pulled pork, carnitas, pork chops and ribs! Not was this only my first kill but it was with my bow. Thanks again! f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg
    f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg
    02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 1
Nice hog. Big horn is great for a local easy fast hunt that produces experience and meat in the freezer. Great prices as well considering it's all but a guarantee.

Congrats.......Any experience is a learning event.....Good or bad.....Glad this was a good experience and a successful result.

I see they offer 3 different kinds of hogs. Is this feral or euro? Anyone know if there's a taste / texture difference? I realize they're all eating the same stuff probably but just curious if the bio makes them any different at the table.

Re: Just wanted to say "Thanks"

For bigd there was a lot of different hogs there. They also had a lot of different sheep from Texas dall to Hawaiian black horn. for 8steeltown this was a feral hog. It was great eating. I did see some Russians there that looked really cool. There hair is really thick. Also saw a smaller razorback. Again for my first time it was a blast. If you do get a chance to go stay to the left if you want it to be like a real hunt for hog and anywhere for all the ram!

This is kinda random but did I run into you the morning before your hunt at Santanas restaurant, I talked to a few guys heading up to the ranch for hogs

WyattZ said:
For bigd there was a lot of different hogs there. They also had a lot of different sheep from Texas dall to Hawaiian black horn. for 8steeltown this was a feral hog. It was great eating. I did see some Russians there that looked really cool. There hair is really thick. Also saw a smaller razorback. Again for my first time it was a blast. If you do get a chance to go stay to the left if you want it to be like a real hunt for hog and anywhere for all the ram!

Monster feral hog Wyatt. So rad. Congrats man...

As a general rule of thumb, is there a tip guideline for a SEMI-guided hunt? If I go out for the first half of the day on my own and slam a hog, and all they've done is the prescout, point in the right direction, and the gutting/dressing, would $175-200 be a reasonable tip or is that on the low/high side?

I was told by them $30 - $80. I tipped $75

M_juttner said:
This is kinda random but did I run into you the morning before your hunt at Santanas restaurant, I talked to a few guys heading up to the ranch for hogs

No that wasn't me. I know there was a larger party coming in behind me at 10am. It might had been one of them.

Back