Just wanted to say "Thanks"

WyattZ

Mar 22, 2014
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that suggested Big Horn Canyon Ranch for us rookies! I went last Wednesday a bagged a monster. I had it butchered there and had a BBQ a couple of days later. Everyone loved the Pulled pork, carnitas, pork chops and ribs! Not was this only my first kill but it was with my bow. Thanks again! f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg
    f62aadab29674215a1ad08b683d8b0d5.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg
    02e43a085b6c15fde2cc5958d87374e5.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 1
Nice hog. Big horn is great for a local easy fast hunt that produces experience and meat in the freezer. Great prices as well considering it's all but a guarantee.

Congrats.......Any experience is a learning event.....Good or bad.....Glad this was a good experience and a successful result.

Re: Just wanted to say "Thanks"

Great way to start. Congrats!

I see they offer 3 different kinds of hogs. Is this feral or euro? Anyone know if there's a taste / texture difference? I realize they're all eating the same stuff probably but just curious if the bio makes them any different at the table.

For bigd there was a lot of different hogs there. They also had a lot of different sheep from Texas dall to Hawaiian black horn. for 8steeltown this was a feral hog. It was great eating. I did see some Russians there that looked really cool. There hair is really thick. Also saw a smaller razorback. Again for my first time it was a blast. If you do get a chance to go stay to the left if you want it to be like a real hunt for hog and anywhere for all the ram!

This is kinda random but did I run into you the morning before your hunt at Santanas restaurant, I talked to a few guys heading up to the ranch for hogs

WyattZ said:
For bigd there was a lot of different hogs there. They also had a lot of different sheep from Texas dall to Hawaiian black horn. for 8steeltown this was a feral hog. It was great eating. I did see some Russians there that looked really cool. There hair is really thick. Also saw a smaller razorback. Again for my first time it was a blast. If you do get a chance to go stay to the left if you want it to be like a real hunt for hog and anywhere for all the ram!

Monster feral hog Wyatt. So rad. Congrats man...

As a general rule of thumb, is there a tip guideline for a SEMI-guided hunt? If I go out for the first half of the day on my own and slam a hog, and all they've done is the prescout, point in the right direction, and the gutting/dressing, would $175-200 be a reasonable tip or is that on the low/high side?

I was told by them $30 - $80. I tipped $75

M_juttner said:
This is kinda random but did I run into you the morning before your hunt at Santanas restaurant, I talked to a few guys heading up to the ranch for hogs

No that wasn't me. I know there was a larger party coming in behind me at 10am. It might had been one of them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu