Leg Surgery. Who's had it? Could use advice.

I had all kinds of injuries. Your age and the shape you were in pre injury has a lot to do with recovery time.
Nothing beats a diligent physical therapy program, aggressive yes but not too aggressive.
Lots of massaging the area..it jump starts the sympathetic nerves.
Icing for sure..
Listen to your body, don't randomly move around in a way that ignores the injury regardless of the brace.
Eat better than before, not more just better quality food.

Reactions: 180ls1
I snapped my Achilles in 2014 and it sucked. The break was in early March I was back to work in 4 months and had a bull tag that fall. Listen to your doctor to a T and don’t over do it. Listen to you physical therapist and listen to a T and don’t over do it. When they turn you loose train like hell but listen to your body. Ice baths are the gayest trend in the firehouse right now but I was talked into it and it’s the real deal felt great the next morning. I also stabbed myself in the leg and cut half my quad tendon on a deer hunt. That sucked also but healed a little easier rhan the achillies.
How soon after were you able to lift upper body?

I was in the gym as soon as I was able to get on crutches and leave the house I just stuck to machines because I did t want to be lifting weights off the racks and stuff like that. I also would use my good leg on leg machines.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu