Legal to walk thru San Diego county land?

Fabian,

That is partially true, you must know where you’re at (who’s land your on) In a court of law though. All exterior boundaries must have signage, 3 to the mile. Which I know may not be the case on the west side. I do know, I can see signs from Pamo Rd
Got it Steve.
May be that’s why the signs are gone.

In addition to Raul's question, what if there is no signage? Then are you OK to walk through? (In any similar scenario, not just Pamo Valley.)

I would not walk thru private property without permission...
Maybe I'm iffy on the concept of public land, but my understanding from this thread is you can't transport a weapon into public land unless you have vehicle access.

I know a guy who has caught *walkers* on his property..once..
.they never did it again..signs or no signs..know where you are at..save you alot of money and time..my 1.5 cents..

Reactions: Dawnandusk and Zak
If doubt as others said don't take a chance, it's not worth the hassle, fines, firearm confiscation, Hunting license revoked.. it just isn't worth it.
Stay on public land.
Times are changing and hunters are considered scum.

Reactions: Zak
Again....With the exception of Imperial Valley (unwritten rule), private property does NOT have to be posted....FENCED, CULTIVATED, or POSTED (3 to the mile)....It's your responsibility to know who owns it....With Onx these days, few excuses not to know who owns it.

Now in a court of law, you'll probably beat it, if it's not one of the 3 above.

Reactions: Zak and Dawnandusk
I know Zak, it is very confusing.
I have been doing it for two years and still feel like I am in your shoes.
If I need to, what I do (and it may be totally wrong) is to walk on roads that might go through private property but the road itself is not private. Now if the road has a gate and a sign that tells you are not allowed to pass... then you turn around.
There is a lot of public land blocked by private properties. There are roads but the roads are private (with gates). Usually the roads you can use have a double red line following their contour.

Reactions: Zak

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu