LIVE - Az Coues Whitetail hunt

At 12:30 three bucks came in... a nice family of brothers... a spike, a 6 point and an 8 point. I quickly decided to give them a pass... They stuck around enough that I put my binos on them and decided that the 8 was worthy of a muzzy. He was broadside at 35 yards and I sent it... devastating hit. He went 20 yards and bedded down next to the water. Being the guy that likes to shoot arrows at deer... I sent another arrow at him at 55 yards.... Done in less than a minute.20190829_122915.jpg20190829_123231-1.jpg Ed F

I like 8 points!!! In fact that was the very deer in my vision from last night. Worthy of the muzzy fo sho!!! Way to juice him. 70,s?? P@Y no doubt!!!

Not the biggest buck... but he's a dead buck. Took the meat to the processor and am having a cocktail in my recliner 4 1/2 hours later... I love Arizona. Now I'm worried... As I was leaving the monsoons were building. Sophia's area is getting some rain. Our only chance is that the rain is minimal and tomorrow is hot and dry. Hatchet we need some mojo for Saturday. No days off... heading back out there tomorrow to pull blinds and cameras. I leave for Alaska in 6 days and have to mount an Axis deer before I leave. Cheers... Ed F20190829_175455.jpgIMG_3014.JPG20190829_175527.jpg

Brother im gonna go all out and burn some insense and get the stones out this time buddy..no worries..i got you and your princess covered!!! And thats a great coues buck , id of dropped him first minute first day with the bang stick even..having one with you..going clear tonight..

.20190829_181245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great going, Ed...This kind of threat is what makes this and other hunting sites worth it...Thanks for sharing with us nimrods.

Good luck this week-end with Sophia.

I pulled 5 blinds and 6 cameras. One camera was stolen... I hate thieves. It was surprisingly dry so its game on tomorrow. Please keep sending mojo... Hatchet break out the stones. Ed F

Reactions: msailor and Aeon
Got um warmed up and ready to roll!!! What time you leaving in morning? I want the spirit buck to visit as close as possible...fresh energy is easier to channel....i see a branched anterled buck in Sophia's future....

Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu