LIVE HUNT - Whitetail Extravaganza

BOWUNTR

Nov 3, 2011
Road trip.... I'm on my way to the state of Nebraska for a DIY Whitetail deer hunt with some friends. Through my involvement with the P&Y/B&C Clubs I am fortunate to have some great friends all over North America. I got invited to hunt a few farms for Whitetails. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a Whitetail deer hunter... but I love to hunt and I love to eat these corn fed deer. I can shoot 2 bucks and as many does as I want.... here we go... Ed F

Cowhitetail_zps5a875593.JPGFB_IMG_1563318582824.jpgFB_IMG_1563318540923.jpgFB_IMG_1572306909925.jpg

Awesome Ed... Western spot and stalk will probably always be my favorite but it’s great to experience other types of hunting. I have an amazing time sitting on my butt in a blind in Texas every year.

Hope you have a great experience. Looking forward to reading about it.

Get him Ed, id love to be sitting for a whitey...anything else other than what im doing at the moment!! Post him when you schwack um.

It's a lonly 20 hour drive to where I'm heading... 1031 miles to go. Passing time listening to Whitetail podcasts is already getting old. These serious Whitetail hunters way overthink everything. All they want to talk about is scent control and other stupid stuff I really don't consider. First 100 incher is gonna get a Muzzy sent at it... Ed F20191031_154347.jpg

Overthinkers trouble me...like hard core bird guys...bizzare and strange..heres this mornings harvest to keep you awake..

.20191031_091205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forkasourus... dude, you gotta listen to these Whitetail guys, leave a few to breed. Ed F

The whitetail guys are Dumb...we
went light this season With 10...that 2 acres has 100,s..like rats! Be the arrow buddy...you shooting the muzzy 115 grain 4 blade? My personal favorite.

MX3 100... 1 1/4" of devastation... kinda feel sorry for whitey. Ed F

Nice stevo!!!! My kinda buck!!! And to think Ed is headed to Nebraska for whitetail!!! Ha!

I love road trips...

1) It's mind cleansing... especially solo trips. It's amazimg how your mind can wander and things become more clear. It's important to focus on positive thoughts... taking care of things before you leave is super important to keeping it positive.

2) Adventure.... bottom line that's what it's all about for me. Seeing new places, meeting great people. Whitetail deer hunting is not at the top of my list, it's just an avenue for adventure.

3) Podcasts... I'm not a podcast guy, just don't have a lot of time. But for road trips they are super. Cell phones, bluetooth and internet are wonderful. I'm hooked on Meateater. Steve Rinella and his guests are better than going to college.... love it. Ed F
20191101_080038.jpg

Right on Ed...i just like to Kill alot of shit..so whitetail is ok in my book..road tripping for any type of hunt is awesome...i will be taking the 3 knuckleheads to Texas with me im December for the first time as they will be out of football forever by then.( truly a sad thought)..we will be killing Muledeer..Aoudad..javelina.. Hogs quail and dove.. i might even let them sip beers at night while we listen to the radio in our trailer..no Hyatt Regency or Lodge where we hunt in Texas...have a good hunt buddy....and stack the coolers.

Love your road trip! Vicariously traveling along. Like you, I actually enjoy long periods of being alone, no one jabbering and no one making any demands on me.

Ed if you run out of good podcasts check out Tundra Talk, if you haven’t already. Tyler Freel is the host. It’s all Alaska all the time on that podcast. Tyler has taken several brown bears with his bow, gets a dall ram every year etc... The format is casual, I’ve found it to be pretty good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu