LIVE HUNT - Whitetail Extravaganza

Pretty sure there behavior is the sa
Uhhh Ed, can he do those forecasts for a few hundred miles south? If so, maybe I should sit my spot for the next week.

Pretty sure there behavior is the same.... the dates of the activity might be off a few days. I'm not the guy to ask complicated questions. Ed F

Last night I saw a doe coming towards me. Meat in the freezer baby.... then I heard a grunt. Change of plans, waited for the buck to show himself. A good 10 pointer for this area... he's gonna get it. He follows the doe right past me and I let one loose at 15 yards. Thought I hit him good, he ran out to 50 yards and just stood there... for like 10 minutes and then walked off. What just happened? He should have went down...

I climbed down and drove to my buddies house and had steaks for his wifes birthday. We decided to wait til morning. He was worried about coyotes... I was worried about pushing the deer.

At daylight we started tracking... pretty good blood... Ed F

Sorry... heading out the door to go shoot a doe at a different spot. I'll continue with the adventure in a bit... Ed F

Ok... I'm tucked in under a cedar tree umbrella... a well known female deer hangout. Sooo... the buck was bleeding good and circled around and bedded theee times 80 yards from the tree I shot him from. Three beds within 20 yards. Expected to find him there... but he apparently got jumped and this is what we find. The coyote Gods paying me back? I've never lost a deer to coyotes... didn't leave enough for a burger. My wife isn't happy... she loves Whitetail deer burgers.

On the positive side... Nebraska lets you shoot two bucks. Bought and printed another tag off the internet.20191105_095730.jpg20191105_135335.jpg

Sucks man! I have enjoyed followings the story. I grew up hunting white tails in Wisconsin but there were not that many yotes around as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One doe this evening, out of range. Going up north for one more day then I leave for a totally different hunt down south. Meeting up with some buddies to hunt bigger bucks on a bigger piece of ground. Temperatures are dropping, the rut is ramping up... I'm gonna need some more arrows. Ed F20191104_161531.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu