LIVE HUNT - Whitetail Extravaganza

Had a small buck pushing a couple does my way. One of the does was obviously bigger than the other. The smaller one came in first right under my stand.... tempting but I am a trophy hunter so I waited. She came closer, turned broadside at 20 yards and I sent it. She went into the woods and fell over in less than a minute. I feel better now. One last hunt here in the morning then I start part 2 of this adventure. Ed F

24544.jpeg

I have had the yotes eat a deer of mi e un Kansas found 4 hoofes and the head. Nice doe now the wife can be happy

Little or no internet here. I dropped my doe of at a processor here and then my buddy showed me around. Marked the stand locations to find them in the dark. I've always been kinda anti On X... but no more. In this country, property boundaries are for real. This is a real big piece and then two smaller pieces. So far only me and one other guy are hunting.

This morning I sat in a stand and it was one of the best Whitetail sits I've ever had. Probably 10 bucks, 3 big shooters. Chasing does, searching and fighting. Two bucks were fighting in the woods, one of the most violent things in nature I've ever witnessed. Crazy. Anyways, the shooters were out of range. I'm gonna sit in that tree all day tomorrow... the wind will be perfect.

I also tried to call two coyotes in for a shot... almost. Saw two bald eagles and four raccoons too. This week is gonna be real fun. Ed F20191108_065359.jpg20191108_070516.jpg20191107_060038.jpg20191108_065359.jpg20191108_070516.jpg20191107_060038.jpg

Nice I miss hunting whitetails might have to visit the farm next year

Thats a old mofo...let er rip buddy
.times a tickin!!

Great hunt. I passed on a lot of bucks, holding out for a whopper. I never had one in range. I forgot to take pics of our camp... full western. Wall tent, wood stove... it was friken cold. Looking forward to next year. On the way home I stopped by a taxidermist in Colorado to pick up a couple velvet bucks I had freeze dried. Made it home Thursday night. THE END. Ed F20191113_134818.jpg20191114_150628.jpg

You may not have bagged the big bastard you were after but I would say it was a very successful trip, Thanks for all the updates, John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu