LOCAL BUCKS

Just 4.5 days left. I don't know if I'll make it out again.

Thought I would add some more pics. Funny how different he looks as he turns his head.

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2968.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 296
Great buck! Ive been hunting D-16 for a long time and i have seen some giants like that but never fortunate to get one. This year I applied for X9A, hopefully i get it. ;D

The bucks up here in Mesa Grande have gone hard horn in the last two weeks and the pattern is changing, the bucks were running in groups a couple weeks ago but they have separated at this point. I've got one up here that is a three by three with antlers out past the end of his ears so he may receive a small package from me come rifle season. I'm waiting for my new trail cams to arrive, when they get here We'll see what else is running around.

Lungpopper, What power lens do you have on your camera. Your pic's are always so zoomed in and the deer don't seem to know you are there.

BuckHunter said:
Lungpopper, What power lens do you have on your camera. Your pic's are always so zoomed in and the deer don't seem to know you are there.

Hey BuckHunter here is a pic of the camera. It's a 20X power zoom. Oh and that last pic I posted of the buck and the doe. I was 83 yards from them when I took the pic.

Attachments

• 20120805_222601.jpg
    20120805_222601.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Lungpopper said:
Question????? the 2x3 with an eye guard.
Most people would call it a 2x3 but since the eye guard counts as part of the score
wouldn't it be a 3X3.

Just curios about how people count points.
. I'd say 2 x 3

Put my cameras out day before yesterday in all the heavily traveled spots and checked today. All had life but nothing with bone on the head, typical for this time of year. Late Oct & early Nov should show some bucks. Gonna move the cams in a day or two into some tighter less traveled terrain to see if I can find something with antlers

Man Lungpopper and all the rest of you r nuts. I'm busting my but after a small forky. Granted its will be my biggest deer his girl friends saved his life twice already. But wow I can't believe the deer you pass up. I will be throwing up a picture soon I hope maby his gramps slips and I get him

Last year I past on two bigger than this guy because I knew what had been shot in the contest and ended up with a forky. This year I'm not in the tournament so I don't have to be so picky. Had this guy at 51 yards last week and couldn't make it happen. I was in a ground blind and couldn't get the shot because of the uphill angle. Good chance I'll never see him again.

Attachments

• IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu