Local D11 Bear !

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
No,,,,,, this is not me ! A friend of mine sent this pic to me. It was shot last week in D11 with a recurve bow. I'm trying to get more info.

Attachments

• D11 Bear.JPG
    D11 Bear.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 460
Did your friend shoot it or is it a third party picture? California bear? Hmmm?

But then again...

Taken from the DFG page -

Adult females weigh 100-200 pounds whereas adult males are larger, at 150-350 pounds, though individuals over 600 pounds have been taken by hunters in California.

NBK said:
Did your friend shoot it or is it a third party picture? California bear? Hmmm?

But then again...

Taken from the DFG page -

Adult females weigh 100-200 pounds whereas adult males are larger, at 150-350 pounds, though individuals over 600 pounds have been taken by hunters in California.

I don't doubt thats a California bear for a second. I'm sure Buckhunter will have more info but I recognize that guy from another forum as a CA hunter. The bear I killed this year was every bit of 350 pounds! That bear looks bigger!

Pictures can be tricky. It's a very large bear in deed but the tricky photo makes it look like a 1,000 lb Grizzly. Still working on more info. I got it from a guy in CBH that is very connected with the local D11 crew.

This is the real deal. My friend knows the hunter well and added that this guy also holds the number 1 spot in the CBH record book for Non Typical Pacific Hybrid deer. This guy sounds like he's got the skills and the luck.

I looked it up. Same guy.

I now remember meeting him and his son two years ago at a CBH event. I looked him up in a hard copy of the record book I have. His #1 is a 4x6 + eye guards 145 1/8 . He also holds the spot #13 & #14 Non Typical right under John Sparks #12. Along with #7 Typical and countless other bucks. I'm sure he will be at the next CBH banquet in Santa Ana this January 26th if you want to rub elbows.

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu