Long Range Project 6.5 SAUM

Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

NBK said:
Drewski2324 said:
Its beautiful! Is the camo paint job from the factory? Is the cerakote to cover the camo?

Camo is McMillan factory molded. And I might just paint over it. Not sure if I like it or not.

Just returned from the range a few minutes ago after shooting the new rig for the first time. I ran 30 rounds through it. Or 6 different 5 round loads. The best 5 shot load measured .136" and the worst measured .604". Below is the best and the worst.

Best Load was:

Berger 140 Grain VLD's
60 grains H1000
Federal 215M primer
Nosler Brass
Brass OAL 2.016"
Necks turned .015"
COAL based on Ogive 2.225"

I am pleased to say the least - the rig shoots.

Hi John

Very impressive sub MOA, was this shot at 100 yds?
and if I may ask what is this build is costing?

it would be interesting to see it fire at 500, 700 then 1000 yds.

Best
Ghost

Hi John

Very impressive sub MOA, was this shot at 100 yds?
and if I may ask what is this build is costing?

it would be interesting to see it fire at 500, 700 then 1000 yds.

Best
Ghost
[/quote]

Yes it was at 100 yards. Before I shoot it a distance I will do a ladder test with several loads and bullets. The plan is to have sub MOA a distance. And hopefully much better.

JP finished the Cerakote two days ago(it came out very nice). I just need the time to put it back together. I will post up a pick when it is assembled. I think I am switching out the bases and rings to S&K. The current configuration does not fit in my rifle scabbard. And at the end of the day, it is a hunting rifle not a bench gun.

Rig1.jpg Rig2.jpg Rig3.jpg Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

The project is finally complete (for the exception of load builds). Fine Firearms finished the Cerakote, the Talley rings showed up (didn't like the rail and Seekins rings for a hunting rifle) and now it is completely assembled and ready for action.

Finished product below.

just got my 6.5 rsaum from Sparten rifles cant wait to put it too use on a pig. have you tried any lead free rounds with it?

Mathews4life said:
just got my 6.5 rsaum from Sparten rifles cant wait to put it too use on a pig. have you tried any lead free rounds with it?

Spartan builds a good rifle. What is your barrel twist (assume it 1-8.5")? With that said, we are having great luck with the Barnes 127 LRX. The down side is the BC of the non-lead is still not that great. I would imagine we will see some positive advancements soon.

Show us some pictures of your rifle. And what rings, bases and scope did you go with and why?

Welcome to the SCH forum Mathew.

John I'm very jealous of your rifle. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its 26 in barrel 8.5 twist. Don't have a scope or base yet, thinking about the night force nxs 4-16.

Mathews4life said:
Its 26 in barrel 8.5 twist. Don't have a scope or base yet, thinking about the night force nxs 4-16.

Nice looking rifle. I have a nxs 5.5x22x56 and love it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu