Long Range Project 6.5 SAUM

Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

Im thinking of turning my 30-06 into a 6.5x284 norma after im done with my 7mag so maybe ill be joining the 6.5 club.

It's the club of choice. Come on in!

I wouldnt call it the club of choice. I think the 7mm club is way better. Lol

Jewell2.jpg Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

The 6.5 RSAUM 4S project just took a another step forward. The heart of the rig just showed up. The trigger! My Jewell HVRTS-A has arrived! The trigger was adjusted to 1.5 lbs so I will need to increase it to 2.75 lbs.

The gun should ship back from McMillan next week so things are finally starting to advance. The Accurate magazines should be here early next week as well.

Very excited!

Great to see it coming together John.

Accuracy Mag.jpg Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

Another step forward. My Accurate Mags showed up a few days ago...

Spoke with Justin this morning at McMillan Stocks, he said I should have my rifle back in the next 3 weeks. Then next order of business will be Fine Firearms contouring the muzzle break, Cerakoting the rifle and bedding the sock.

As Lungpopper would say: "chip chip chip".

The new rig shows up at the shop on Monday! Can't wait to see it. Plenty of work still to be done. Now it is in more of my control.

Pictures to follow...

Rig6.jpg Rig 5.jpg Rig2.jpg Rig1.jpg Re: Long Range Project 6.5 RSAUM 4S

Ok - finally the rig is back from McMillan. They did an amazing job! So now the muzzle break needs to be fitted, the action and stock needs to be painted, the action needs to be bedded into the stock and then the Jewel trigger needs to be installed and adjusted. I am in the home stretch. Below it pic of the rifle so far.

I am excited Fred. Hope to have it finished soon. Weighed it today and it tipped the scale at just over 7 lbs. The finished rifle should be somewhere around 9.25 lbs. :)

Awesome rig John. Great seeing you today. Can't wait to do the long range shoot with you!

dream rifle no doubt!!!!!!!! Im excited for you :) but just curious as to what glass are you going to top this bad boy off with ?

Jdrivsd619 said:
dream rifle no doubt!!!!!!!! Im excited for you :) but just curious as to what glass are you going to top this bad boy off with ?

Still going with the Bushnell Elite 4.5-18x44 LRHS...

Last Thursday We sent the rifle to Darrell Holland to have one of his famous radial brakes installed by the Master himself! It should be back in the shop by next week. I will bed the stock that week. So we could be three weeks away!

Getting very excited!

We received the rifle back from Darrel Holland. The radial brake looks awesome! Now only a few more steps. I will be bedding the rifle next. I am using Marine Tex. I am going to do the bedding myself (actually El Matavenados is going to help me). Then it will only need paint and to be scoped. Depending on the Fine Firearms Cerakote schedule, I may shoot the gun before paint.

Sooooo - I think I am literally just a few weeks away from the range!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu