Long range six five tube gun build 6.5 SAUM

Re: Long range six five tube gun build 6.5 RSAUM

Go Bill go! Rah Rah Rah!

started DROS on my receiver!

AND the chassis showed up today :) very very happy with it.

It's week 9 and parts acquisition is complete. Got the reciver out of jail today at http://www.ocarmory.com/. They did the transfer for me from Pierce. All in all it was a pretty short wait for custom parts.
Now it's off to Mark at chesebrorifles.com to complete the process. Mark will fit the barrel and complete the assembly.

OC Armory was a Great low cost option for the out of state transfer. thanks for them providing the service at a price point they cant be making much if any money at all in the deal.

Side note for you guys doing custom builds. You have to pay tax on the sales price when doing the out of state transfer. So even though i was not charged sales tax by Pierce for the action the local FFL has to collect the tax to do the transfer. I knew this going in but i still think its BS ( dear State of Ca. please blow me )

Drove up today to see Mark @ chesebrorifles.com Got see the iron that will go my build and talk with Mark about how we are going to set it up. The final piece was the brake and with NBK's sage advice i went with the Holland Radial Baffle Quick Discharge™ Muzzle Brake https://www.hollandguns.com/ They are shipping it out and will be at Marks shop in a couple days. ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!

It's a good day when your Smith sends a text message and a photo of your gear all layed out.

Can't wait to see this gem shoot! That is a grip of nice parts!

brass prep...... want a good way to kill a whole day? Try and process 6.5Rsaum brass. Headed down to NBK's place to drop off some 6mmWOA brass and to get some help Processing my 7mmRSAUM brass into Neck turned 6.5Rsaum brass. A big thanks to NBK teaching me how to neck turn the brass and helping me do all 200 of my new 6.5rsaum brass

Haha...He went through 3 plus batteries on the cordless drill turning necks!

had a small problem with one of the parts..more to come on this later.

The gun will be done in a few days!!!!

Stand BY!

Standing by...

Cough cough - muffled PTG sucks - cough cough....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu