Montana unlimited sheep

Discussion in 'Out of State Hunting' started by Cptn Mo, Jun 14, 2017.

1. DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble Member

Thanks for sharing your incredible hunt!!!

2. xjon

xjon Active Member

Excellent hunt adventure you experienced. Wonder how your Kuiu gear held up?
    For pics the easiest way to put up a pic or 2 is using tapatalk. Not sure about zillion. Cant wait to see them though. Thanks for sharing.

3. Truduct

Truduct Well-Known Member

Very coo experience. You got a lot closer to getting a sheep than any of us did for sure.

4. ilovesprig

ilovesprig Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing your adventure.....Pix would top off a great write-up.

5. baboltin

baboltin Member

Dang I was hoping that you got one! One just for the sake of you killing one and two to justify me doing this same hunt.... but you answered my question without me asking it isn’t worth the 9k plus tip plus everything else. I would be more intrested if I found someone willing to do it with me to go the route you said you would consider, just buy the tag and use a drop camp seems a lot cheaper and just as much of a chance of harvesting a legal ram .

6. TonyS

TonyS Member

Wow. In researching this with the IE guides I have read stories where those guys actually earn the money. You come into camp and they have already found and scouted rams. They sit you down after dinner and show you pictures of the ram you should take.

Not scurry around, with a once in a lifetime tag, hoping to find a ram.

Sorry for your experience.

7. Kellendv

Kellendv Member

Tony,

This is an unlimited tag. You can get it every year as long as you apply on time. Success rate is extremely low and there is a quota of 2 sheep, so you have to check in regularly to make sure the quota hasn't been filled. If you kill a sheep I think you have to wait something like 7 years before you can apply again.

Cptn Mo likes this.
  8. Cptn Mo

Cptn Mo New Member

thank You Kellen

9. Cptn Mo

Cptn Mo New Member

Kuiu clothing was never really tested as we had fairly mild weather the whole trip . Kuiu solo tent ( single wall ) frosted up on me a few times , maybe I didnt have it properly vented . My boots were low mileage Scarpas that I now realize I need additional insole with a good load on them . the back pack I decided to ride was my every day Stone Glacier approach 1800 that I had double that in it half the time and it was comfortable throughout . the rifle , never got used HA HA

10. Drewski2324

Drewski2324 Active Member

What a hunt! Thanks for the write up!