mountain lion kill.

Eric pecan

Jun 11, 2013
glendale ca
Found a newly shed bull elk at the base while chasing pig . bite mark on the nose and and foot print all over. Rattlers are out too. so be careful out there.

Bummer! I was hoping you meant something killed a lion. Lol! : :)

I'm pretty sure this find is a mountain lion kill, young buck with a crushed skull. Found in san diego.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 73
Probably. They are incredible predators. Seen a lion kill on the news tonight. Big cat jumped a 6 foot fence and killed a full size family dog in Poway. I'm so glad we are not at the top of the lions menu. We would be easy game for them as we go fumbling through the woods in the dark blind, noisy, and totally unaware of their presents. ???

Another lion kill buck on the adjacent property in Julian...About 2 months old... ???

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    904.6 KB · Views: 55
ilovesprig said:
Another lion kill buck on the adjacent property in Julian...About 2 months old... ???

Steve are you sure it was a lion kill? All the ones I've found have had there faces chewed off to the basses of the antlers. I would almost say a smaller predator such as a bobcat or pack of coyotes perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:

Steve are you sure it was a lion kill? All the ones I've found have had there faces chewed off to the basses of the antlers. I would almost say a smaller predator such as a bobcat or pack of coyotes perhaps.

Not positive.......But it's neck was completely gone......I do agree that the noses many times are gone.

ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:

Not positive.......But it's neck was completely gone......I do agree that the noses many times are gone.
Nice still a cool find. What are the laws in regard to keeping dead heads?

I don't know if I would want to keep any of those dead heads.. Have you ever been to a Grateful Dead concert and seen some of those Deadheads?

sportyg said:
I don't know if I would want to keep any of those dead heads.. Have you ever been to a Grateful Dead concert and seen some of those Deadheads?

Very funny..........Illegal to keep those too.........lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu