need to figure out a price

Hale_Abels1

Oct 31, 2014
A friend of mine was gifted some guns recently, a mix of winchesters and browning shotguns and rifles.
He has a browing 12 ga superposed in good condition besides the some rust spots on the barrels. looked this gun up a little and was worth anywhere from 1500-4500, or at least that is what some sites are saying, but im not interested in that.
The gun im looking at is a 20 ga o/u.
all that is printed on the side of the gun is " browning arms st. lous mo motreal p.q." then says "special steel 20ga 2 3/4" and 3" "
also it is made in belgium.

Does anyone know what model gun this is or when it was made? Also really trying to find a price to offer my friend since him and I cant really find much info from just searching with google.

if anyone knows anything please let me know.

This is just my opinion, but if the Superposed 12 has rust. I would not pay more than $750.00 for it. And even less if it has poor wood.

I recently bought a Browning Citori 20 Special field for $750.00.....Perfect shape.....Kind of apples & oranges with the Belgium's though.....I also recently bought in fair shape Superposed 20 for $850.00......Nice gun, but only a hunter/shooter.

This is just a gage.......John (NBK) knows way more about their worth, since he's in the business.

ilovesprig said:
This is just my opinion, but if the Supposed 12 has rust. I would not pay more than $750.00 for it. And even less if it has poor wood.

I recently bought a Browning Citori 20 Special field for $750.00.....Perfect shape.....Kind of apples & oranges with the Belgium's though.....I also recently bought in fair shape Superposed 20 for $850.00......Nice gun, but only a hunter/shooter.

This is just a gage.......John (NBK) knows way more about their worth, since he's in the business.

The wood is perfect. But with rust that is what I was thinking for price. Its seeming that the 20 is something around that price after doing some digging.

Get a hold of NBK on this site. He is the gun Guru. He will be able to show you how to interpret the numbers and can probably give you a ball park value at first glance.

The 20.....17,394 was built in 1960..... :D

Link....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.browning.com%2Fcustomerservice%2Fdategun%2Fdetail.asp%3Fid%3D42&ei=YmirVN-TGs-vogT7t4CYCg&usg=AFQjCNEGMbw7NqwY_szRlX8-gijxCrWecQ&sig2=nerXX7Yf0rqTlHE-fnU1WA&bvm=bv.83134100,d.cGU

Invisible man said:
Get a hold of NBK on this site. He is the gun Guru. He will be able to show you how to interpret the numbers and can probably give you a ball park value at first glance.

just sent him a message

I'm looking at my collector's price and value guide for guns.... There are so many variables. I need more info. Specifically pictures. Your standard grade 1 shows the following: NIB: 4k, Exe: 3250, VG: 1500, Good: 700, Fair: 500, Poor: 250. Keep in mind these are retail collector prices. Private party gun sales are driven by price, not necessity.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu