need to figure out a price

A friend of mine was gifted some guns recently, a mix of winchesters and browning shotguns and rifles.
He has a browing 12 ga superposed in good condition besides the some rust spots on the barrels. looked this gun up a little and was worth anywhere from 1500-4500, or at least that is what some sites are saying, but im not interested in that.
The gun im looking at is a 20 ga o/u.
all that is printed on the side of the gun is " browning arms st. lous mo motreal p.q." then says "special steel 20ga 2 3/4" and 3" "
also it is made in belgium.

Does anyone know what model gun this is or when it was made? Also really trying to find a price to offer my friend since him and I cant really find much info from just searching with google.

if anyone knows anything please let me know.

This is just my opinion, but if the Superposed 12 has rust. I would not pay more than $750.00 for it. And even less if it has poor wood.

I recently bought a Browning Citori 20 Special field for $750.00.....Perfect shape.....Kind of apples & oranges with the Belgium's though.....I also recently bought in fair shape Superposed 20 for $850.00......Nice gun, but only a hunter/shooter.

This is just a gage.......John (NBK) knows way more about their worth, since he's in the business.

ilovesprig said:
This is just my opinion, but if the Supposed 12 has rust. I would not pay more than $750.00 for it. And even less if it has poor wood.

I recently bought a Browning Citori 20 Special field for $750.00.....Perfect shape.....Kind of apples & oranges with the Belgium's though.....I also recently bought in fair shape Superposed 20 for $850.00......Nice gun, but only a hunter/shooter.

This is just a gage.......John (NBK) knows way more about their worth, since he's in the business.

The wood is perfect. But with rust that is what I was thinking for price. Its seeming that the 20 is something around that price after doing some digging.

Get a hold of NBK on this site. He is the gun Guru. He will be able to show you how to interpret the numbers and can probably give you a ball park value at first glance.

The 20.....17,394 was built in 1960..... :D

Link....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.browning.com%2Fcustomerservice%2Fdategun%2Fdetail.asp%3Fid%3D42&ei=YmirVN-TGs-vogT7t4CYCg&usg=AFQjCNEGMbw7NqwY_szRlX8-gijxCrWecQ&sig2=nerXX7Yf0rqTlHE-fnU1WA&bvm=bv.83134100,d.cGU

Invisible man said:
Get a hold of NBK on this site. He is the gun Guru. He will be able to show you how to interpret the numbers and can probably give you a ball park value at first glance.

just sent him a message

I'm looking at my collector's price and value guide for guns.... There are so many variables. I need more info. Specifically pictures. Your standard grade 1 shows the following: NIB: 4k, Exe: 3250, VG: 1500, Good: 700, Fair: 500, Poor: 250. Keep in mind these are retail collector prices. Private party gun sales are driven by price, not necessity.

Back