Newest member of the family (DASH)

Patients and don't give in....tier him out before you kennel him.

Let's talk if it doesn't get better......they sure know how to howl at the point it sounds like two dogs

He's going to have a lot of anxiety at first, being separated from the mother and his litter mates. Do you have anything with the mother's scent? You can get a toy that simulates a heartbeat. Also, make sure he's had lots of exercise before putting him in the crate, and try to let him enter the crate on his own power, when in a calm state. Those are things that have worked for us with our puppies over the years.

Unfortunately not really. It's just what puppies do. Dash actually sleeps in the bed with me at night, so he doesn't wake up and whine. If I have him in his crate or play pen at night then he'll wake up and whine.

These dogs love the human interaction. They follow you into the bathroom all the time.....I call them peepee partners.

Let him sleep with one of the girls.....or get some ear plugs he'll learn or you will.....they just are very connected to you and want to be next to you......

Nick, when camping their body warmth is welcomed in the colder months......both of mine squeeze into my mummy bag not too long after that we all are sweating & panting.....

Had two mistakes on the house breaking today but over a dozen retrieves made up for it

Hey Mark. Dash has been doing very well with the potty training. Hasn't had and accident in the house since Friday. Knows his name very well except he ignores it when he's locked into something, but over all listens well to it. Working on the "Come " commend right now. I've been doing 4 retrieves with him every time we go outside and Then just let him play. Took him swimming again and he did much better this time. I'll get you a couple videos this week of him retrieving.

Hickcock now knows how to get out of the whelping box. I don't know how he does it but it looks like he stands on a ball then makes it over. Crazy dog

It's always good to leave him wanting more when you do the fetch training......keep at it

Sleeping in the girls room worked. Two nights in a row he has been in his crate all night without whining.
My expectation would be that he would have to pee really bad right when we let him out in the morning. So I immediately take him outside. He doesn't pee or poop, he just wants to play, so we play for 15-20 minutes then go inside....then he pees and poops

Good looking pups! Puppies will almost always potty after nap or play. Shuttle them outside until they do, I tell em "go potty" a few times and lots of praise when they do. Like has been said, patience is key.

image.jpeg Check his teeth some may be missing......anything but those puppy fangs!

Here's green known as Bowie. Looks like Zola more than AS

Dash lost his 2 front top & 2 front Bottom teeth. The adult teeth are already coming in.
Bowie is looking good

IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0674.JPG Took Dash out today to Raahauge's for his first bird hunt. Dash did amazing. Worked close, listened well, flushed, retrieved very well, and would release when told. Except the pheasant. He did struggle with those. Very,very proud of him. He is a stud. Didnt slow down or want to quit.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu